• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CHeck Engine Light reset

SpynCycle

After the light gets turned on due to a loose fuel cap, will it eventually reset, or will it stay on forever?

Is there anyway to reset the light without a code reader?

You could buy a code reader and clear it yourself. Just buy a cheap one.

If you have an Android phone, install Torque ($5), an engine analyzer app. Buy an OBDII bluetooth adapter on Ebay for $20. Now you can view your codes, look them up, and reset them. For $25. Works on any car with OBDII.

Goodwrench/02 said:
If you have an Android phone, install Torque ($5), an engine analyzer app. Buy an OBDII bluetooth adapter on Ebay for $20. Now you can view your codes, look them up, and reset them. For $25. Works on any car with OBDII.
  I am interested in doing this but would like to know a bit more specific's Like whats the part number on  amazon for the bluetooth  OBDII Adapter?
I noticed there are a few on there . Also just like to make sure I get all the right things to make it work right for my 2004 , 1500 chev. ave. thank you

FYI, you can pull the ECM fuse to reset the computer as well. And doing it this way will not reset your radio presets or time. And as stated, the light will go away once the computer knows there is not an issue any longer.

Back