• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Jet Chip VS. G-Force Chip

avalanchevt

I have a 2002 avalanche north face edition.  Right now I have the Jet power chip installed and have been reading a little about the G-Force chip.  On all the G-Force sites it preaches to be much better then Jet chip but I'm not sure if that is bias or not.  Is there anyone out there that has the G-Force chip to tell me a little about it? or even anyone who has had both and can tell me which one they like better??

Get a handheld programmer as they have more ability to do good

avalanchevt said:
I have a 2002 avalanche north face edition.  Right now I have the Jet power chip installed and have been reading a little about the G-Force chip.  On all the G-Force sites it preaches to be much better then Jet chip but I'm not sure if that is bias or not.  Is there anyone out there that has the G-Force chip to tell me a little about it? or even anyone who has had both and can tell me which one they like better??
The last one of these things I saw was just a stupid resistor that fools your MAF into running the engine lean.

I am wanting to increase the performance of my 04 Avalanche and was thinking of purchasing a GF-Performance chip. What are your opinions? Is it a waste of money to purchase this chip?

handheld are better then chips IMO.  Hypertech  (y)

Skip the chip, skip the handheld, and get a custom tune from someone such as Blackbear or Nelson

ChevyNick said:
Skip the chip, skip the handheld, and get a custom tune from someone such as Blackbear or Nelson

Sure, but only if you have more then just bolt-ons.  Cost too much for them just to tune exhaust and CIA

Loggie said:
Sure, but only if you have more then just bolt-ons.  Cost too much for them just to tune exhaust and CIA

For $300 BlackBear will Data Log tune your truck.  I don't think thats very expensive at all.  How much is a handheld like the Diablo, which is supposed to have good reviews.  $250 or something?  Basically any review I have read from people who went from a handheld to a custom tune noticed a difference.  So there are chips, then comes the handhelds which are probably noticeably better than the chips, then the custom tune, which appears to be noticeably better than the handhelds.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice much difference in performance at all when I did a K&N CAI and catback Flowmaster 40.  However, after I did the tune, I noticed a somewhat significant gain in performance/driveability.  It doesn't burn tire, but it sure is much more responsive. 

Last thing I'll say, does anyone have a comparison of before and after a chip/handheld/tune?  Before my tune, I did 30-90 in 20 seconds, after tune I did 30-90 in 15 seconds.  That is a pretty solid gain in my opinion.  Sit there and count out five seconds.  It's rather significant if you think about it.

Go with a custom tune man, it is worth every penny.

ChevyNick said:
For $300 BlackBear will Data Log tune your truck.  I don't think thats very expensive at all.  How much is a handheld like the Diablo, which is supposed to have good reviews.  $250 or something?  Basically any review I have read from people who went from a handheld to a custom tune noticed a difference.  So there are chips, then comes the handhelds which are probably noticeably better than the chips, then the custom tune, which appears to be noticeably better than the handhelds.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice much difference in performance at all when I did a K&N CAI and catback Flowmaster 40.  However, after I did the tune, I noticed a somewhat significant gain in performance/driveability.  It doesn't burn tire, but it sure is much more responsive. 

Last thing I'll say, does anyone have a comparison of before and after a chip/handheld/tune?  Before my tune, I did 30-90 in 20 seconds, after tune I did 30-90 in 15 seconds.  That is a pretty solid gain in my opinion.  Sit there and count out five seconds.  It's rather significant if you think about it.

Go with a custom tune man, it is worth every penny.

okay thats not bad at all for a custom tune (y) I'm changing my opinion to custom >:D

Back