Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/20/14 03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jet Chip VS. G-Force Chip  (Read 2051 times)
avalanchevt

Awards
« on: 07/10/12 12:14 PM »

I have a 2002 avalanche north face edition.  Right now I have the Jet power chip installed and have been reading a little about the G-Force chip.  On all the G-Force sites it preaches to be much better then Jet chip but I'm not sure if that is bias or not.  Is there anyone out there that has the G-Force chip to tell me a little about it? or even anyone who has had both and can tell me which one they like better??
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/10/12 03:18 PM »

Get a handheld programmer as they have more ability to do good

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
old-chevy-dude

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/10/12 05:26 PM »

the inline chips on newer motors from about 1999 forward are nothing but snake oil, as stated get a hand held tuner.
Trey

Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/10/12 05:56 PM »

I have a 2002 avalanche north face edition.  Right now I have the Jet power chip installed and have been reading a little about the G-Force chip.  On all the G-Force sites it preaches to be much better then Jet chip but I'm not sure if that is bias or not.  Is there anyone out there that has the G-Force chip to tell me a little about it? or even anyone who has had both and can tell me which one they like better??
The last one of these things I saw was just a stupid resistor that fools your MAF into running the engine lean.

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.
03Ave

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08/03/12 08:59 AM »

I am wanting to increase the performance of my 04 Avalanche and was thinking of purchasing a GF-Performance chip. What are your opinions? Is it a waste of money to purchase this chip?
Loggie
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

What made it all happen--The Original Concept

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08/03/12 11:28 AM »

handheld are better then chips IMO.  Hypertech  Thumbs up!

ChevyNick

I want a diesel.

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08/04/12 02:05 PM »

Skip the chip, skip the handheld, and get a custom tune from someone such as Blackbear or Nelson

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71 Victory Red. Dual Flowmaster 40 series, K&N Cold Air Intake, Leveling Kit, BFG's, Throttle Body Spacer, Cab Lights, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA 525s, Blackbear Tune.
Loggie

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08/04/12 02:17 PM »

Skip the chip, skip the handheld, and get a custom tune from someone such as Blackbear or Nelson

Sure, but only if you have more then just bolt-ons.  Cost too much for them just to tune exhaust and CIA

ChevyNick

I want a diesel.

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08/10/12 05:31 PM »

Sure, but only if you have more then just bolt-ons.  Cost too much for them just to tune exhaust and CIA

For $300 BlackBear will Data Log tune your truck.  I don't think thats very expensive at all.  How much is a handheld like the Diablo, which is supposed to have good reviews.  $250 or something?  Basically any review I have read from people who went from a handheld to a custom tune noticed a difference.  So there are chips, then comes the handhelds which are probably noticeably better than the chips, then the custom tune, which appears to be noticeably better than the handhelds.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice much difference in performance at all when I did a K&N CAI and catback Flowmaster 40.  However, after I did the tune, I noticed a somewhat significant gain in performance/driveability.  It doesn't burn tire, but it sure is much more responsive. 

Last thing I'll say, does anyone have a comparison of before and after a chip/handheld/tune?  Before my tune, I did 30-90 in 20 seconds, after tune I did 30-90 in 15 seconds.  That is a pretty solid gain in my opinion.  Sit there and count out five seconds.  It's rather significant if you think about it.

Go with a custom tune man, it is worth every penny.

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71 Victory Red. Dual Flowmaster 40 series, K&N Cold Air Intake, Leveling Kit, BFG's, Throttle Body Spacer, Cab Lights, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA 525s, Blackbear Tune.
Loggie

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08/10/12 06:07 PM »

For $300 BlackBear will Data Log tune your truck.  I don't think thats very expensive at all.  How much is a handheld like the Diablo, which is supposed to have good reviews.  $250 or something?  Basically any review I have read from people who went from a handheld to a custom tune noticed a difference.  So there are chips, then comes the handhelds which are probably noticeably better than the chips, then the custom tune, which appears to be noticeably better than the handhelds.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice much difference in performance at all when I did a K&N CAI and catback Flowmaster 40.  However, after I did the tune, I noticed a somewhat significant gain in performance/driveability.  It doesn't burn tire, but it sure is much more responsive. 

Last thing I'll say, does anyone have a comparison of before and after a chip/handheld/tune?  Before my tune, I did 30-90 in 20 seconds, after tune I did 30-90 in 15 seconds.  That is a pretty solid gain in my opinion.  Sit there and count out five seconds.  It's rather significant if you think about it.

Go with a custom tune man, it is worth every penny.

okay thats not bad at all for a custom tune Thumbs up! I'm changing my opinion to custom

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: