• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

This '12 Avalanche is a "slug" VS my X5 4.8is.. Help! WHAT TUNER?

maude

I've been away from the big truck scene for about 8 years when I went to V8 powered X5's. What programmer or tuner do i need?  I did a search and man "what a can of worms"!!  no way I can sit and read this stuff to find what I need.

I dont want to smoke the tires, just a nice tune.  I have had to drive in "tow haul mode" cause I cant stand this thing?  I dont care about fuel mileage, just need response, hold each gear longer, shift firm.

Help, Maude  :help:

Just about any of the canned tuners will let you adjust the shift points and firmness. If you want better throttle response also, your best bet is to get a custom tune. If you can find one of the canned tuners that will let you adjust (lessen or eliminate) torque management, that's what will make the biggest difference in throttle response.

The Diablosport Intune device (replacement for the Predator tuner, which is being discontinued) will allow you to purchase a custom tune from one of their tuners, if you want to go that route instead of taking the truck to a tuner or sending the pcm in.

Ok, thanks.  I will look into this intune.  And I hear you about TM.  My last duramax in 05 was a beast with an edge programmer, but I will look and learn.  thanks

maude

Back