• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bully Dog issues

2002AVA

I have a Bully Dog GT Tuner and if it was not for the display and all the stuff you can track. I would get me another Hypertech Tuner. The Bully Dog GT will kill my battery if I do not turn off the display. When I turn off the display it resets my clock. So I have to unplug the GT from the ODBII everytime I turn off my Avalanche. It should not have to be this dam difficult. I have email tech support 5 times on these issues and have not received any emails back what so ever.
My Hyperetch had a better tune in my opinion and I did not have any issues with it what so ever. So I am hoping for Xmas to purchase either another Hypertech or different turner and sell the GT. I am so disappointed in Bully Dogs lack of support.

Do you have the switch in the wrong position? Mine has two positions. One starts it when the ignition wire senses voltage, the other is on with the ignition off. I have accidentally bumped that switch a couple times.
I really like mine.

Mine either turns the display off or turns the display on. I have completely removed the remote wire and I still have the same functions.
I cannot accidentally bump mine because it sits on top of the ebrake pedal.

I have bumped mine with a knee a couple times getting into the truck.

The remote wire IS what it uses to turn it on and off. Connect that wire to an ignition source and move the switch to the left. It should then work properly.

I used a fused tap in the dash fuse panel for mine. Here is the instruction sheet

Mine will turn on without that wire even connected. If I push the switch to the up position it turns the display off. If I push the switch to the down position it turns the display on. The Ignition wire makes no difference what so ever. I have hooked it to the Radio line, which turns on with the ignition. Did not make a difference. I have hooked it to an always one connection still no difference. Know I have it completely disconnected and still no difference.
I have tried to contact Bully Dog for the past 6 months to no avail. Their customer service is crap and I would not recommend their products to anyone. I am going to sell this GT tuner and buy me either a Hypertech or something different.

Back