• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Exterior color (GXN) Fairway Metallic

Cabman1939

I love green, doe's anybody know if the new color, "(GXN) Fairway Metallic" on the upcoming 2013 models is used on anything else made by GM? Could it be an old color brought back to life with a new name? I owned a 1999 Silverado LT in green and a 2002 GMC Envoy in a slightly different green. The only picture that I can find on-line is very small so I would like to see this color in person before I order my new AV. :help:

My guess is it's going to be a bright green, like a fairway on a golf course.

I will see if I can find a pic, but it is a new color.

I have a very small picture at the web page below. It looks to be a dark green but who knows. If you click on "whats new for 2013 and then click on the GXN button the Av will turn green. Thanks for looking into this.http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2013&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=12763&type=0#

I blew it up a bit.

Attachments

• grenav.jpg
    grenav.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 503
Thanks, MS03 2500.  (y)I think I'm going to like it. I like the black ones too but they are a dime a dozen around here and the white diamonds are getting to be just as common.

I have pics of  of the 2013 fairway metallic,, from chevy 2013 paint chart,, green metallic in the sun,, black out of the sun!! I can send pics, expediter13@yahoo.com

Setting out to place my order for a 2013.  I was thinking of a Z71 in the Fairway Metallic.  I go to my dealer and I'm told that this color is not orderable.    I go home and email Chevy and they say it is an available color but will "escalate" my question.  Well that was a month ago.  Anyone else have any info on the orderability of the Fairway Metallic color?

Typically, the Z71 has only been available in black, white, or silver...and sometimes grey. Assuming this is most likely why your dealer told he can't order the green.

pic doesn't do it justice

Both the 2013 brochures and the online order guide (http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2013&regionID=1) show Fairway as one of the Z71 colors...black and silver are the other two.

However, Fairway isn't orderable at all right now, Z71 or not.  My dealer tried to save several configurations with it for me Friday and none of them would work.  I'm guessing it's just a late availability situation.

It's also available on the Cadillac EXT (as "Bottle Green", listed as "fall availability"), and also on crew-cab Silverados and Sierras as part of the <insert paint name here> package.  Comes with a bunch of other chrome trim on the trucks.

GMC is calling it "Mineral Green".  Based on the picture in the Avalanche brochure, it's darker than the green from the earlier years.

Thanks, I had the dealer try to run the order without the Z71 and the Fairway still did not show up as an orderable color.  Wish I could find out, I want to get my order going but don't want to regret not waiting for the Fairway if it becomes available later in the year......If anyone has any incite it would be appreciated.

They are out at www.chevrolet.com

01_perspective_img_1.jpg

yeah I love this color and the wife is love it too

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 325
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 324
They can't even get the website right.  If you hover over the Z71 package line on the "Build Your Own" tool, it clearly states that it requires Fairway, silver, or black.  But if you try to build a Fairway Z71, it changes it to black.  :dunno:

AdmiralB said:
They can't even get the website right.  If you hover over the Z71 package line on the "Build Your Own" tool, it clearly states that it requires Fairway, silver, or black.  But if you try to build a Fairway Z71, it changes it to black.  :dunno:

Mine worked just fine.  These pix are mine after I did the build.  What I though to be strange was the 13' base Z71 was $2k cheaper

2012 Avalanche LTZ 4WD$51,300
2013 Avalanche LTZ 4WD$48,880

yes it is, I just wanted to show the base diff so my page was reset

yeah, building it now.  (y)

AdmiralB said:
Show me a picture of a green Z71 from the configurator? 

Okay I stand corrected :beating: I thought my selection of the 4x4 and LTZ included the Z71  :E:

Loggie said:
yeah, building it now.   (y)
Impatiently waiting  :B:..... I had the same issue. As soon as I took the 18" wheels, the color reverted to black.  :rolleyes:

I'm not really surprised.  The GMC Sierra builder for 2012 never worked right - it wouldn't let you build a Z71 with the 6.2L, IIRC, even though that's a permitted combination.

Back