• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

my take with an HP Tune

JVZL1

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
So here is more on my take with an HP Tune.
Superwagon did a tune in July which made me love my AVY even more.
Z66Modder hoisted a GT in Washington and my magic man was going to be there.
After I arrived we took off, Doug and I discussed what I was looking for out of the tune. I have just completed an Air intake, Muffler, and E-fans, (dual ba?tts) and wanted to make sure everything was happy together. So we talked of my driving habits and wants, as I drove he adjusted I kept  ;D  after each test run I will not be able to frown again!
So here is my Logiest, using the DIC will up date with my log later.
Total Miles 552 most on the I-5 Freeway
Trip Up;
Pers; 16.1 set when I filled the day before trip, when we got back at the GT from tune run.
Bus; Set morning of trip up 16.8, with tune test runs.
Trip Back;
Overall Pers; 17.6
Bus; Set for trip back on arrival home 19.0 with a couple of side trips off freeway.
With a log I find the DIC is not that far off.

Throttle response even better, at take off, part throttle acceleration, and kick downs firmer with better response MPG's for me are an after thought but I will take what I can get.
Doug Thanks for the time and always good to talk to you, just wish you lived closer. We could talk shop an old geezer like me could lean from you on these new controls on MHEs.
For what Doug dose with his magic without a Dyno  :notworthy:
JV

Just came across this JV. Thanks for the write up and it was great seeing you again! Let me know when you are ready for more mods to dial in!

Back