• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hypertech Max Energy

psg

I've been looking to improve the shift performance of the tranny particularily the responsiveness to a downshift when accelerating for,say, a hill or passing, now I have to almost floor it and its slow to shift down. The Hypertech talks about improving shift hardness and shift points but but I can't find anything about the downshift. Anyone here got a hypertech that can comment on the tranny shift qualities both up and down the gears? I like the hypertech because it lets you restore the Factory settings. 2007 Avalanche LTZ 5.3. Thx

Stu

All programmers let you restore to factory settings...

they do this so you can return to stock before visiting a dealer or so you can resell programmer...
since they marry themselves to your truck

Yeah you can adjust about everything with the hypertech. Jus incase your interested I have a brand new hypertech max energy programmer model 32004 for 07-10 GM trucks/suv. Bought but never used and couldn't return. Paid jus under $400. Let go for $250. Had an 08 silverado and never installed....wanted to upgrade exhaust etc first then rolled truck. Totaled it. Ive had it on Craigslist for about two months but no serious offers. Let me know if anyone's interested. Not doin me any good.

Back