• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Drag raced the AV this weekend!

ARMYtango

Stock 5.3L
No performance mods.
(Notice the Ambers?)

1/4 Mile -
82 MPH / 16 Seconds

All I can say is....I STILL have the smile on my face! lol  :love:

Attachments

• Avy Drag Race1.jpg
    Avy Drag Race1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 242
ARMYtango said:
Stock 5.3L
No performance mods.

1/4 Mile -
82 MPH / 16 Seconds

All I can say is....I STILL have the smile on my face! lol  :love:
That's pretty decent for a stock 6000lb truck.
I LOVE Charlotte (ZMax) Dragway.
4 lanes of fun!!!

DouglasOak said:
That's pretty decent for a stock 6000lb truck.
I LOVE Charlotte (ZMax) Dragway.
4 lanes of fun!!!

Thanks!  They allow you to go all day for one price, but I had drill this weekend, so i was only able to get about 3 runs in before they closed it down, and that was my best time out of the 3.

I, too, love the 4 wide set up.  I was here when PINKS filmed for the first time here...what a blast it was!

Nice! This year you need to join us on black friday at the speedway. I had the Av over 100 on the back stretch. And the old Vette up to 129. Can't wait to try the '08 this year...  :B:

jmuller62 said:
Nice times.
How did it handle at 80 plus mph?

BEAUTIFULLY!  Like it was gliding! lol  You should bring yours the next time and we can go head-to-head! lol

ChevyGuyNC said:
Nice! This year you need to join us on black friday at the speedway. I had the Av over 100 on the back stretch. And the old Vette up to 129. Can't wait to try the '08 this year...  :B:

I thought about you and your Vette when I was there...you should bring it!  I won't be able to go this coming weekend like I had thought, but I will be there the next one which is at the end of next month!
Bring it along and stretch its legs out! lol

jmuller62 said:
Nice times.
How did it handle at 80 plus mph?

I never drag raced my AV but I drove a lot on German highways with more than 120 mph. Handling is just fine as long as you don't have to brake hard >:D

Schelbi said:
I never drag raced my AV but I drove a lot on German highways with more than 120 mph. Handling is just fine as long as you don't have to brake hard >:D

I believe it!
But I must say, the brakes on these beasts are GREAT! 

Back