Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/19/14 07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalanche slide in pop-up camper  (Read 5935 times)
rjsfun

Awards
« on: 03/15/12 03:50 PM »

I've seen some of these, and there is one for sale around here.
Interesting. Not too much room, but neat to see they do make them.

Heater, stove, sinks, water tank, refrigerator, jacks, queen size bed, storage under the bed, screen door, insulated pop up liner, power converter, and battery.

Here is a link to one being sold:
http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2859439621.html

Joelg1980

2004 1500

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/15/12 04:03 PM »

$5000  Shocked

2004 SBM WBH 59,000 miles. Repainted cladding, Bully truck steps, mod-painted stock grill, black bow-tie,  ambers (duh), rear headrest mod, lower fascia painted black, custom cold air intake, all on hi mod + fogs,

Photo Competition #39 (truck and trains) winner
Region III-IL
Wazbro

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/15/12 04:07 PM »

Looks like that is new from the guy that made it.

quote;
While this remains a one-off custom camper, Robby did indicate to us that hes interested in building more Avalanche campers now that he has a proof of concept.  With nearly 600,000 Chevy Avalanches on the road, Robby may be onto something.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/double-debut:-coyote-rv-debuts-ford-raptor-and-chevy-avalanche-campers/

2008 AV 6.0L LT3 Autoride Blue Granite Metallic
Whitey McMudflaps

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/15/12 07:30 PM »

That's actually pretty damned cool!!!  Do want... But I can think of a thousand things I'd rather spend $5k on.
WarWagon
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

J.A.F.O.

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/15/12 08:55 PM »

Considering it's almost $12k (starting price) to order a new one, that's a damn good price. 

http://phoenixpopup.com/floor-plans/

I can think of much better ways to spend that money though!

2004 Z71 with a bunch of stuff added.
2007 LT with nothing added. Lease turned in 2/19/10 :-(

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Sh**... What a ride!"
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/15/12 09:10 PM »

One question why would buy something like that, get a trailer you have a truck that can pull a trailer. Big laughter with tears

2003 2500
HawaiianBrian

Be good or be gone!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/15/12 10:22 PM »

I think the AVY Bed tent is much nicer than that! And only a Cple hundred buck vs. 5K.

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/15/12 11:02 PM »

It would make sense if you offroad motorcycles/quads, canoe/kayak up north. No RVs allowed at many rustic camp sites but you might get away with that and be able to sleep comfortable at your play area. and still pull your toys on a trailer

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/16/12 05:42 AM »

This guy SPAMMED us before.
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,121704.0.html

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
camaroz1985

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03/16/12 07:08 AM »

Makes sense for me.  I tow an open race car trailers to about 10 races a year.  I'm fine sleeping in the tent, but SWMBO is not too fond of it.

That said I could make something similar for much, much less.  I might be up for that challenge actually.

2002 Forest Green Metallic Z71 - Sold

2006 Silver Birch Metallic Silverado 3500 Dually
Joelg1980

2004 1500

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03/16/12 07:13 AM »

Hate spam! Idiot!

2004 SBM WBH 59,000 miles. Repainted cladding, Bully truck steps, mod-painted stock grill, black bow-tie,  ambers (duh), rear headrest mod, lower fascia painted black, custom cold air intake, all on hi mod + fogs,

Photo Competition #39 (truck and trains) winner
Region III-IL
AirJunky

Live hard, die young, leave a good lookin corpse!

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02/15/13 02:40 PM »

Pretty cool idea. And considering that most of us have at least $20k in the Av.... and I have almost $40k tied up in a boat & trailer....... maybe $5k isn't such a bad deal. Especially if you are planning on using it in cooler temps.
Would definitely have to use it more than a couple times a year though.

-
Bill
2005 Avalanche, 4x4, Z-71 1500. 5.3 liter, 4.10 rear.
Mods: Heated cloth seats, Motorola RAZR Maxx HD installed in dash, SoundStorm subwoofer, MB Quart speakers, tinted front windows, removed Z71 decals, All4On, Amber DRLs, CAI, Maglite, Indoor/outdoor carpeted the bed & midgate.
My Gallery
Need4Speed
Charter Member

Half SUV, half truck, half-breed!

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02/15/13 06:31 PM »

The in bed campers are nice if you go offloading into places a trail can't be dragged behind you. Can you imagine getting stuck somewhere and trying to back out with a trailer?

2002 Av, Black w/Tan leather, Z-71, 3.73, loaded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: