Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/30/14 11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traction Control Problem  (Read 979 times)
Rocco2001

Awards
« on: 03/07/12 09:41 PM »

Okay so here we go..05 Z71 around 50 thousand miles. At a complete stop, normal take off theres a weird noise coming from the front driver side. The light comes on stating traction control active. This problem goes away once speeds reach over 15 mph. The noise i am assuming is the traction control doing its thing. This happens on a daily basis wet or dry road conditions it doesn't matter. Turn the traction control off and everything is fine no problems and no noises. Any ideas?Huh I know someones going to say " so just turn it off then." Don't want to, i paid for this truck and i expect things to work right. I've looked around in there a few time and have found nothing broke or leaking. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!  Thumbs up!
Rocco2001

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/08/12 08:22 PM »

Anybody...................... Help me!
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/08/12 08:32 PM »

Have front end checked out.
could be axle shaft, cv boot etc

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/08/12 08:55 PM »

I'm guessing a wheel speed sensor is bad, have it scanned for codes

2003 2500
Rocco2001

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/08/12 09:10 PM »

had the codes run and it not throwing any
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/08/12 09:27 PM »

Was it with a tech 2 sometimes when one sensor is bad the ABS thinks it spinning and will kick the ABS on. They will have to put on a scanner then drive it to read the 4 wheel speed sensors. It probably is a dealer thing to tell you which one is bad, but that does not mean you can't change it yourself.

2003 2500
fellerbass

Can't wait till I can afford a new Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02/21/13 04:35 PM »

Have the same thing wrong with mine.No codes, just the noise.Also have a vibration in the driveline at 70 mph.The 2 problems are not related because the noise goes away when the TC is shutoff. banghead
avaguy
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

2006 Avalanche Z-71 4x4.. loaded.

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/04/13 03:31 PM »

Got the same noise with mine. It's a very audible rough grinding noise from dead stop taking off. I dis-engaged the stability controll system ( using the big button on the right side of the console, between driver and passenger seat) and then it doesn't do it.  But it sucks having to do this..but the stability controll system is somehow related to the noise obviously.

Avalanche guy.....
1963granada

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 04/16/14 07:04 AM »

Have you got the answer? What was the problem? I have the same problem on my Avalance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: