• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Puddle Lights

RedbullRacer

im looking to swap out my current puddle lights with blue led's and ive looked at a few different threads but im not exactly sure if the festoon bulb is just a buy it and pop it in kind of deal. what would i need exactly to get this mod done?? i have an 04 wbh.

Hope this helps:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Ffestoon_4410-x9.htm

If you're not comfortable ordering online, or just want them "right now" check your local parts store. Some are better than others for selection, but I was in a PepBoys recently and was amazed at the lighting selection they had on display, when I told the guy I didn't see what I was looking for he said they keep a lot of stock in the back and had exactly what I was looking for.

I'm planning on swapping mine out as soon as my ebay LEDs get here from hong kong. (I ordered them a couple weeks ago, so hopefully soon)

I'll try to take some pictures and post them here.

i went to pepboys, the guy there looked at me like i was on drugs when i asked if they had any festoon bulbs. Even showed him a picture. i guess our pepboys doesnt have any.

Yeah you are pretty much stuck with buying them on-line  www.superbrightleds.com or www.autolumination.com

Here are some pictures I took of installing the puddle replacement LED lights.

After popping the tab and pulling the puddle light assembly out, this is what you get:
a44431bb.jpg

Remove the wires. Take out the two screws.
0f5e069b.jpg

Pop out the old bulb. Make sure your new bulb is the same size. (42mm festoon is what I used)
d988f538.jpg

Snap the new bulb into place. Put the cover back on and screw it back in.
Be sure that your LEDs are facing downwards towards the assembly lens.
394a3ad8.jpg

Plug the wires back in and make sure that the LEDs light up when you unlock your doors. If you're during this during the day, you will need to trick the Av into thinking its dark outside in order to get the puddle lights to turn on. I did this by turning on my headlights and covering up the bubble in the middle of the dash.
bf7e6f36.jpg

092d6d2e.jpg

Snap the assembly back into the mirror. Enjoy your work once its dark outside.

wel i have ordered the lights. as well as blue lights for the interior, only downside is they wont be here till monday  :( but ill post pictures as soon as they are in.

well i got all my lights in, but of course it would be pouring down rain all night, i tried a couple of pics but they just look like glowing blue lights in total darkness

I am still a fairly new Avalanche owner, so please bear with me....  I am trying to replace the plastic housing of the puddle light, as mine keeps trying to pop out and dangle by a wire.  Anyone know a cheap place online I can find this?  Not having much luck...  Thanks!

malibuchick78 said:
I am still a fairly new Avalanche owner, so please bear with me....  I am trying to replace the plastic housing of the puddle light, as mine keeps trying to pop out and dangle by a wire.  Anyone know a cheap place online I can find this?  Not having much luck...  Thanks!

I would just shoot it with a small bead of clear silicone around the endues and pop it in! Put a piece of masking tape on it and let it sit for a couple of hours. That should work and you can still pop it out when you need to and just replace the silicone. Its flush under the mirror so wont even see it! Cheap simple fix

Back