• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HP Tuner VS Edge VS Diablosport Predator

sandlapper

I just recently added a Flowmaster exhaust system and a Volant Powercore to my 2007 Avalanche Z71.  I am looking to add one of the above tuners within the near future but I need to be completely sold.  Can someone guide me in the right direction?  Im looking for ease of use, functionality, ability to customize.  Im looking to try and squeeze a few more mpg from my truck although i do known a 5700lb machine will not get the mpg of a Prius. 

Not even a question - HP Tuners is WORLDS above the handhelds.

BUT - HP Tuners is much harder to learn - it's an ACTUAL reprogramming system, with full access to all features of the ECM.

X2.  There is a forum for HPTuners help...but they speak in Rocket Science instead of Backyard Mechanic.  However; once you figure out what you're doing...you control your own destiny.

Quick power = Predator

Long draw out term paper but with everything you ever wanted POWER = HP TUNER
but note with TUNERS you can do more harm then good if you do not study what you are doing

Thanks...The local tuner shop specializes in HP and also Diablosport.  The guy that actually does the tune said the price was going to roughly be the same for each for dyno time and custom tunes  I think Ill go HP.  For Dyno time and custom tunes it want cost but 400.00.  One more question with the HP tune can I have multiple tunes one for economy, towing , and power?  Need to get more gas mileage driving to and from work,  but need more power to tow my boat when we take mountain trips, and i would like to be able to show off whenever the hell I want.    Thanks again guys.

Back