• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Satelite GGrrrrr

GoNavy429

Trying to talk to anyone working for XM Satelite is like talking to people in a bubble...NOTHING gets in period.... :E:...been doing a quarterly pay for my XM because I really wasn't sure I wanted to keep it.  So I goto the web site to pay my bill, and a popup comes up asking to switch to annual subscription and get one month free...ok why not guess I'll keep it and yearly is much cheaper.  So I click it and switch to yearly bill, then they do this calculus equation of adding the quarterly and prorating and who knows what else, and after I do the math, I ain't getting my free month.  Click on the chat and I can't get it threw their THICK skulls that I want my free month and they aren't giving it to me.  Two chats people later and over half an hour of trying to explain this oversight... :beating:.. I finally gave up  :E:.. :E:...because at some point $13.85 is just not worth the effort.  XM sats business practices are really terrible, I hope them saving there month will be worth the little write up I give to the Better Business Bureau...lol...as long as I can do it in under an hour...I hate working for less then $13 bucks an hour.... :laugh:..... :laugh:.... :laugh:

just wait till you try to deal with the Onstar brains... :laugh:

well not really different than dealing with DirecTV, any cable or phone company, the electric company or any other large idiotic consumer company.

however I can't complain too much about their incompetence because 15 months after my 3 month free trial I am still getting free XM because they can't seem to figure out how to shut it down, I have my Nav unit replaced twice under warranty for ipod sync issues and the Radio/XM ESN or whatever numbers don't match and XM says GM has to update the account and GM says it's an XM issue, so I gave up trying to be honest, I did my part and told them what's up.

Web said:
just wait till you try to deal with the Onstar brains... :laugh:

:laugh:...oh I gave up them a long time ago, I should give up on XM too, but I really like the old classics and CNN station, they can keep the rest of that crap.

old-chevy-dude said:
well not really different than dealing with DirecTV, any cable or phone company, the electric company or any other large idiotic consumer company.
You think you have to jump through hoops? Trying being an employee and using our inter company numbers sometime :E:

Back to topic
Hey GN429, have you tried any apps for the smart phones like the I heart radio app or Pandora?

DO as I did about years ago..

buy the lifetime subscription for $300 and you save a bunch!

Stays with one radio which I have as the pioneer XM2GO
SO I figure no matter what I have this for life or until they go belly up...

Plus I can transfer this lifetime for $85 up to 3 times to another radio...

PS
I bet the annually "free month" is when compared to those who pay monthly...

I thought they quit offering lifetime XM subscriptions several years ago.

I think you may have to phone them to get it ?

Just got off the phone with XM dumba$$ people, now they get nothing because I canceled my subscription and getting a full refund.  Good job XM you saved that free month you tried to screw me on...lmao...guy on the phone was scrambling offering me two free months then year subscrip for $87 ...lol...I said no thanks I am threw with you guys, don't care for your business practices.  Don't like that you automatically renew, don't like that you keep my credit card info even after I ask you to remove it.  Don't like that you send your bill after my renew date..don't like that you offer one thing and charge you something else...don't like that I am talking to people that can't speak ENGLISH, the list goes on...guy says you have been with for a long time I hate to see you go...long time...ya I think 18 years is a long time should qualify as a long time anyways and you would think you wouldn't try to screw me so bad as a long time customer....good job XM another dis-satisfied customer, no more I am done....now where did I put those dam CD's :eek:

Back