Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/01/14 04:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom built ladder rack.  (Read 3685 times)
Basic02

Awards
« on: 01/29/12 05:46 PM »

Every time that I go tot the local lumber store the kids wanted to come with me. I have since solved the problem. All the rack that i could find did not allow for use of the bed cap, or in one case the side compartments. I can use all compartments and feature of the Avalanche. I am not really a fan  of the front bar but in order to get the strenght and heightfor my sunroof windscreen, I really was left with no real option. I removed the grab handles in the rear and use the 4 torx bolts on the top of the cab for my attachment parts. The "Avalanche" is metal letters that I cut out and glue onto the bar and then sanded off with 80 grit after painting the bar to give it that "brushed" look. I have really loaded it down with the wood (pics are not of the largest load that I had up there and I could still open the gate. Let me know what you think.   

BBS 305/50/20
3" flowmaster dual exhaust
Airaid intake spacer.
Custom made ladder rack
Custom front hitch receiver
Amber  DLRs
Basic02

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/29/12 05:47 PM »

I am having some problems adding the pics. Do I really have to wait until someone reads this and relpies to it befreo I can post pictures?

BBS 305/50/20
Airaid intake spacer.
Custom made ladder rack
Amber  DLRs
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/29/12 06:29 PM »

I am having some problems adding the pics. Do I really have to wait until someone reads this and relpies to it befreo I can post pictures?

You need a couple more post to be able to do that. OR, you can use an offsite hosting place like Photobucket or Imageshack. Post them there and then copy the img code into the reply box here.

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 172,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 154,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 145,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
Basic02

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/29/12 07:04 PM »

Thanks for the help.
Here is the link to the pics....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/img0425cf.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/img0424sm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/img0423wt.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/img0422i.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/img0421ev.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/img0420vj.jpg/

BBS 305/50/20
Airaid intake spacer.
Custom made ladder rack
Amber  DLRs
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/29/12 07:14 PM »

on your page, click on the "embed this image" tab then copy the code in the "Forum" box. Paste that code here and the pix will show up like it did for me.

Here's the code for the third pix so you know what to look for.
Code:
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/img0423wt.jpg/][IMG]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1439/img0423wt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 172,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 154,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 145,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
Basic02

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/29/12 07:43 PM »

thanks for the help   Thumbs up!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BBS 305/50/20
Airaid intake spacer.
Custom made ladder rack
Amber  DLRs
Saoirse_Trodai
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Never forgotten...

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/29/12 08:09 PM »

Awesome idea! Looks great! Thumbs up!

2006 Dark Blue Metallic Chevrolet Avalanche LT - 4x2 - Modded Out
- Traded -
2009 White Volkswagen GTI - 4 Door - Bone Stock

One day, I shall have another AV!
SurvivalFreak

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01/29/12 09:31 PM »

Very practical, love the idea! 

Thumbs up!

2002 AV Z71
-6" Procomp Lift
-305/65R17 BFG AT/KO
-Custom Fabricated Firestone Air Bags for Towing/Load
-Custom Front Bumper/Skid Plate And 10-zillion Candle Power Lighting
-Bed Saddlebag Access Hatches (Snugtop Prep)
-4 On HIGH
-E-Fan Mod
-Volaint CAI
-TO Do List:Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Safari Rack, Custom Exhaust, and whatever else my twisted mind can come up with...
PerfectReign
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01/31/12 11:30 AM »

that looks great!

why is your truck all wet?

2006 WBH LS2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
DJ Payaso

08 WHITE DIAMOND, 28's Now

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01/31/12 03:39 PM »

why is your truck all wet?
I would guess......... I don't know

Rain  =  water falling in drops condensed from vapor in the atmosphere.

or the scientific name.... Waterfallingfromthesky

I don't know
« Last Edit: 01/31/12 03:54 PM by DJ Payaso » Logged

Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever
Get inspired before you expire.
If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button..
delt47avalanche

Happy Happy Happy

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10/05/12 06:19 AM »

Awesome system brother. Question though, did you make this or design and have it made? I am extremely interested.  And would like to use your idea for the rear rack if that is okay? 

02 metallic blue z71; black bowtie, black brush guard, black tail light guards, 17" Black Xds 795, Flashers in Front turn signals, Fog lights, and reverse lights, Custom blackout tail lights with Mallard head smoked in, Amber DRLS, Kenwood radio, tinted windows, Rough-country 6inch lift, 315/75/17 kumho mts, Diablo Programmer(Diablo tune!!), Gabriel Highjacker shocks in rear, Spectre CAI, Flowmaster 40series 1 in 2 out back into stock tailpeice
1Fastrider
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Hi there

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 10/13/12 11:38 AM »

very cool.  Also interested in if you had it custom made or something?  That setup in the rear would be great when putting longboards on the roof Cheesy

'12 Avy/LT/4x4/All Star Edition. Iron Bull bumper. Rough Country 3.5" lift, ProComp PXA7089, 285/70/17 Nittos. Lights-LED spot,fogs,bed,underglow, rear strobes, Painless dual battery setup .  Sold the '07.
stogen
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

is that goat pee ,no its goat gatorade.

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 10/14/12 08:49 AM »

Berry cool, now I half to go make one..

black claded 03 z71 magnaflow dual exhaust, leveled,rancho 9000xl shocks cusom made brush guard , amber drls, viper alarm, 20" eagle alloy rims on bfg ta/ko 285/55/20..MSD wires,  k&n 77 series cold air intake, gmt 900 brake mod, Blackbear tune.. (2012 silvy waiting to be modded!!!)
Basic02

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 03/30/13 08:46 PM »

I made this myself. The rear support vertical bars are2x2 and the top is 2 inch round. The brackets to hold to the truck are 2x3 tubes welded to angle plate and bolted to the grab handle mounting. The front is also 2 inch round welded to a piece of angle iron. Must admit I wish I had build it a little different but it was what I had laying around. The avalanche writing is stenciled from the front door cladding and cut from 16 gauge steel and then panel bonded to the bar. Used the cladding bolt holes to hold on (I do not rely on those to carry the load and always cinch the load to the box tie Downs). I come here to get ideas and steal ideas and applaud people to take mine.  Thumbs up!

BBS 305/50/20
Airaid intake spacer.
Custom made ladder rack
Amber  DLRs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: