Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/01/14 11:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Nationals T-shirt Design Contest  (Read 8288 times)
badtuffstuff
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Give me LIBERTY... She is hot!

Awards
« on: 01/25/12 01:19 PM »

Are you artistic and a fan of the Chevy Avalanche?
 Submit a design now to enter the contest to have your artwork on the 2012 Nationals T-shirt.
 Keep in mind that it must be original artwork. It must also represent the location and the Avalanche.
 So let your artist flag fly and let us see what you are made of.

Z66Modder
CAFCNA Regional Coordinator

Region V Area

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/28/12 11:10 AM »

I'll try again this year, so what time lines are we working with for submitting?

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster
badtuffstuff

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/28/12 03:09 PM »

I was hoping to have all entries in by the end of February. That way we will have time to vote and get them printed and sold.

Saoirse_Trodai
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Never forgotten...

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/29/12 11:39 AM »

Wish I could go but I do have a design for the shirts. Hopefully they will be on white shirts...  Huh

2006 Dark Blue Metallic Chevrolet Avalanche LT - 4x2 - Modded Out
- Traded -
2009 White Volkswagen GTI - 4 Door - Bone Stock

One day, I shall have another AV!
badtuffstuff

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02/01/12 10:09 AM »

Wish I could go but I do have a design for the shirts. Hopefully they will be on white shirts...  Huh

Great start. Let's see what the rest of you can do.

J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

SOM Nation l Z71 Nation 100,000 Mile Club

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02/01/12 09:39 PM »

I will definitely be contributing to the contest.  I'll also feature the 2012 national gtg information and winning design in the next issue of the Avalanche Zone magazine.  Not to get too off topic, but check out the last couple releases in the "Fun Stuff" section of the site!

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV
Avalanche Zone Creative Director
2003 1500 Z71 Sunset Orange Avalanche

Joshua Holloway Design Studio
http://www.joshuaholloway.com

MODS: Black Spyder Tail Lights - 3rd Brake Light Decal - AllOnHigh - FT Amber DRL's - Bumper Cupholders - Blacked Out Stock Rims - Painted Black Grill & Power Bar - more to come...
J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02/09/12 05:56 PM »

Here is my first rough draft with some of my original ideas. 

Can I get some more guidelines?  What color shirt will you be printing on, will it be front/back or just front, will they be silk screened (color limit, no photos) or by sublimation (no color or photo limit)? 

As soon as I get some more information I'd like to revise the design according to your specifications...

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV

MODS: Black Spyder Tail Lights - 3rd Brake Light Decal - AllOnHigh - FT Amber DRL's - Bumper Cupholders - Blacked Out Stock Rims - Painted Black Grill & Power Bar - more to come...
badtuffstuff

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02/10/12 10:46 AM »

Great design!

In answer to your questions,
My goal is to have a really great t-shirt this year. I want to leave the design wide open for you to let your design ideas flow. If your design looks best in Black, we will use Black. If you need front and back to complete it looking correctly, use it. The masses will vote on their favorite. Then we will work with the winning member to get the design finalized. The only thing we are going to be added is the sponsors and we can put them anywhere. I want the design to be the prominent portion.

J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02/10/12 11:09 AM »

That sounds great!  I'm going to put together a few different designs, and maybe make them a little different for white and black shirts, and post them all up hopefully in the next week or so...

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV

Wazbro

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02/10/12 11:36 AM »

1 thing to remember make sure you have a high resolution copy of your design to make the shirt from if you win. You wouldn't want to redo it because you didn't keep 1.

2008 AV 6.0L LT3 Autoride Blue Granite Metallic
Troublemaker

NY NY DC PA

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02/10/12 12:28 PM »

Another thing to keep in mind is that this GTG is in the SUMMER, so darker colors (either the shirt or the design) may cause problems for some people.

I know me personally, I try not to wear black during the summer...  too Swearing hot!

Click the pic to listen to along!
J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02/10/12 01:24 PM »

No problem!  I'll definitely be creating designs on both black and white. 

I think it's just personal preference, I know I always prefer black or colored shirts over white.  Even in the heat of the summer, when its 100 out I just don't ever really notice a difference by what color shirt I'm wearing... Maybe it's just me Cool! haha, but I've always just figured when it's 100 degrees out you're going to be hot no matter what you're wearing.  Plus, obviously these are being made for the GTG specifically, but they'll be worn year-round and many times after that as well so also think about what you'd prefer to wear just any normal day in general.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a bunch more in the coming weeks, and hopefully they'll be one that everyone likes!

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV

BigC Mich

MID-MICHIGAN

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02/10/12 02:39 PM »

A few more things to remember...

1. The CAFCNA logo always goes on the left arm for the National GTG Shirts (and can be placed elsewhere as well)

2. You have the option to also have them printed on Tanks, Hoodies and Zipper Hoodies so keep that in mind when designing

3. As Wazbro said, Make your design as High Res as possible.  I had problems with mine last year because the printer needs

4. HAVE FUN with the design!!!

Here is a copy of ours from last year.  The shirt printer had to redesign it because I couldn't get it High Enough for him.

GR1MR3APER

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/10/12 02:40 PM »

Wow Jav, nice design, I take it this is not your first time designing shirts?

J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: 02/10/12 03:11 PM »

To address all in one:

Wazbro - I am working completely with vector illustrations, so everything is ready at 300 pixels/inch resolution and can be taken from the size of a shirt to the size of a billboard without losing any quality.

BigC Mich - Thanks for the info.  I didn't realize the logo went on the left arm, so I will rethink a few things.  Having it on the shirt several times is a bit redundant.  I'll keep in mind printing on other textiles, and always have fun!

GR1MR3APER - I owned my own silk screening business until I sold it a couple years ago, and am still a professional graphic designer... so yes, I've been through this a few times before.  Thumbs up!

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV

KevMack

"bought a truck, turned out to be an alien robot"

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 02/16/12 09:34 AM »

I like the black and love that design... I would buy it right now!!! Every year the shirts are white, live alittle!!!

To get to the point, the person selected by the members of the Heidi Hoe Huddle, is a member who has exemplified the above qualities and is deemed worthy to Pimp the Hoe... Kevin aka Kevmack!
Kev, represent the Northeast as I have done and remember to treat Heidi right.
Frankie, #7
Z66Modder

Region V Area

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 02/16/12 09:28 PM »

I like the black and love that design... I would buy it right now!!! Every year the shirts are white, live alittle!!!

Not True!

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster
avz66
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

AV - AHOLIC!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: 02/17/12 06:03 AM »

Southern Nights gtg were dark blue

2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,094,100 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door, Bed slide, Flames

KevMack

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 02/17/12 06:47 AM »

Southern Nights gtg were dark blue
  I'm talking Nationals.

Not True!

I forgot there was a option on those.... but 90%+ it's white... I like this design so far and I will buy it if it's not white.

To get to the point, the person selected by the members of the Heidi Hoe Huddle, is a member who has exemplified the above qualities and is deemed worthy to Pimp the Hoe... Kevin aka Kevmack!
Frankie, #7
Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 02/17/12 07:17 AM »

I prefer the black or dark colors over the white tee shirts also. Most if not all graphic studios want the design in Vector graphics format, they may be able to convert it for you if you do not have a program that draws in Vector.

Production of the Avalanche may be "water under the bridge"
but our love for them lives on!
Aussie Red
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

The Black Pearl

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: 02/17/12 11:45 AM »

It's pretty warm out here in July white would be more comfortable
avz66
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

AV - AHOLIC!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: 02/17/12 01:17 PM »

It's pretty warm out here in July white would be more comfortable
yeah its hot down here in Texas

2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,094,100 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door, Bed slide, Flames

Shels Land
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Welcome to Shels Land

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 02/20/12 09:43 AM »

Nice designs so far. My vote is NOT white. I won't wear a white shirt. And don't forget the Tank Tops for us ladies  love If people are that concerned a black shirt will be "hot" go with a gray shirt as an option for them.

'07 LTZ Black, Maglite Mod, SilverStar Ambers, Purple Bowties, FTDRL, Strobes,  I LOVE MY TRAIN HORNS!! THX JOHNB!
J_AV
CAFCNA Magazine Staff

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: 02/22/12 11:23 AM »

Well, here are a few more of my ideas... one is the same as I posted above, but this way you can see them all together.  I can slightly alter any of the designs to go on any color of shirt, and the design can go on shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, or anything else.  So, if it's possible, I think we should have two voting polls - one for shirt color and one for design, in case people like a design on one of the black shirts, but would prefer it on a gray shirt, and vice versa.  I left space at the bottom of "Utah" on the back for sponsors and stuff like that.  

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for me to change things around before the end of the month and the voting date...
« Last Edit: 02/22/12 11:50 AM by J_AV » Logged

Joshua Holloway
Rocky Mountain Region IV

KevMack

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 02/22/12 11:31 AM »

I like the 1st one you posted with the truck on the back.

Frankie, #7
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: