• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2012 Nationals T-shirt Design Contest

badtuffstuff

SM 2010
SM 2009
[size=20pt] Are you artistic and a fan of the Chevy Avalanche?
Submit a design now to enter the contest to have your artwork on the 2012 Nationals T-shirt.
Keep in mind that it must be original artwork. It must also represent the location and the Avalanche.
So let your artist flag fly and let us see what you are made of.

I'll try again this year, so what time lines are we working with for submitting?

I was hoping to have all entries in by the end of February. That way we will have time to vote and get them printed and sold.

Wish I could go but I do have a design for the shirts. Hopefully they will be on white shirts...  ???

Attachments

• 2012 CAFCNA T-Shirt Design.jpg
    2012 CAFCNA T-Shirt Design.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 335
I will definitely be contributing to the contest.  I'll also feature the 2012 national gtg information and winning design in the next issue of the Avalanche Zone magazine.  Not to get too off topic, but check out the last couple releases in the "Fun Stuff" section of the site!

Here is my first rough draft with some of my original ideas. 

Can I get some more guidelines?  What color shirt will you be printing on, will it be front/back or just front, will they be silk screened (color limit, no photos) or by sublimation (no color or photo limit)? 

As soon as I get some more information I'd like to revise the design according to your specifications...

Attachments

• CAFCNA 2012.jpg
    CAFCNA 2012.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 269
Great design!

In answer to your questions,
My goal is to have a really great t-shirt this year. I want to leave the design wide open for you to let your design ideas flow. If your design looks best in Black, we will use Black. If you need front and back to complete it looking correctly, use it. The masses will vote on their favorite. Then we will work with the winning member to get the design finalized. The only thing we are going to be added is the sponsors and we can put them anywhere. I want the design to be the prominent portion.

That sounds great!  I'm going to put together a few different designs, and maybe make them a little different for white and black shirts, and post them all up hopefully in the next week or so...

1 thing to remember make sure you have a high resolution copy of your design to make the shirt from if you win. You wouldn't want to redo it because you didn't keep 1.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this GTG is in the SUMMER, so darker colors (either the shirt or the design) may cause problems for some people.

I know me personally, I try not to wear black during the summer...  too :cuss: hot!

No problem!  I'll definitely be creating designs on both black and white. 

I think it's just personal preference, I know I always prefer black or colored shirts over white.  Even in the heat of the summer, when its 100 out I just don't ever really notice a difference by what color shirt I'm wearing... Maybe it's just me :cool: haha, but I've always just figured when it's 100 degrees out you're going to be hot no matter what you're wearing.  Plus, obviously these are being made for the GTG specifically, but they'll be worn year-round and many times after that as well so also think about what you'd prefer to wear just any normal day in general.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a bunch more in the coming weeks, and hopefully they'll be one that everyone likes!

A few more things to remember...

1. The CAFCNA logo always goes on the left arm for the National GTG Shirts (and can be placed elsewhere as well)

2. You have the option to also have them printed on Tanks, Hoodies and Zipper Hoodies so keep that in mind when designing

3. As Wazbro said, Make your design as High Res as possible.  I had problems with mine last year because the printer needs

4. HAVE FUN with the design!!!

Here is a copy of ours from last year.  The shirt printer had to redesign it because I couldn't get it High Enough for him.

Attachments

• Avalanche Nationals2.jpg
    Avalanche Nationals2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 224
To address all in one:

Wazbro - I am working completely with vector illustrations, so everything is ready at 300 pixels/inch resolution and can be taken from the size of a shirt to the size of a billboard without losing any quality.

BigC Mich - Thanks for the info.  I didn't realize the logo went on the left arm, so I will rethink a few things.  Having it on the shirt several times is a bit redundant.  I'll keep in mind printing on other textiles, and always have fun!

GR1MR3APER - I owned my own silk screening business until I sold it a couple years ago, and am still a professional graphic designer... so yes, I've been through this a few times before.  (y)

I like the black and love that design... I would buy it right now!!! Every year the shirts are white, live alittle!!!

KevMack said:
I like the black and love that design... I would buy it right now!!! Every year the shirts are white, live alittle!!!

Not True!

Attachments

• Back Shot Christine and Maria.jpg
    Back Shot Christine and Maria.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 185
KevMack said:
Southern Nights gtg were dark blue

I prefer the black or dark colors over the white tee shirts also. Most if not all graphic studios want the design in Vector graphics format, they may be able to convert it for you if you do not have a program that draws in Vector.

Aussie Red said:
It's pretty warm out here in July white would be more comfortable
yeah its hot down here in Texas

Nice designs so far. My vote is NOT white. I won't wear a white shirt. And don't forget the Tank Tops for us ladies  :love: If people are that concerned a black shirt will be "hot" go with a gray shirt as an option for them.

Well, here are a few more of my ideas... one is the same as I posted above, but this way you can see them all together.  I can slightly alter any of the designs to go on any color of shirt, and the design can go on shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, or anything else.  So, if it's possible, I think we should have two voting polls - one for shirt color and one for design, in case people like a design on one of the black shirts, but would prefer it on a gray shirt, and vice versa.  I left space at the bottom of "Utah" on the back for sponsors and stuff like that.  

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for me to change things around before the end of the month and the voting date...

Attachments

• CAFCNA 2012 Gray.jpg
    CAFCNA 2012 Gray.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 135
  • CAFCNA 2012 Black 2.jpg
    CAFCNA 2012 Black 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 136
  • CAFCNA 2012 Black.jpg
    CAFCNA 2012 Black.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 137
Back