• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Welcome to the 2012 National Chevy Avalanche GTG

badtuffstuff

SM 2010
SM 2009
Welcome to the 2012 National Chevy Avalanche GTG

[size=24pt]Utah and Region V
Are proud to present:
2012 CAFCNA Nationals GTG
Salt Lake City Utah
ntnl-gtg-1.jpg

[size=24pt]July 25th through July 28th
Come and join us to visit some of the most beautifull scenery in the country.
More details coming soon.

This looks like it is going to be a good one!!

Wow it's 1700 miles for me, but I can fly in so who can pick me up from the airport  Z66 Modder or maybe I'll have to call WC. >:D

SLC is a Delta Airlines hub so it will have cheap airfare....

and the area is beautiful..

How far away is the Bonneville Salt FLats?

02 Northface said:
:wave: Count 02 Northface IN    (y)

:B:
That's great.  Looking forward to meeting you.

MS03 2500 said:
Wow it's 1700 miles for me, but I can fly in so who can pick me up from the airport  Z66 Modder or maybe I'll have to call WC. >:D

Tell me airline, flight, and time and there will be someone there.

Hmmmm, this might be do able for us.  I suspect we wont make the annual trip to Michigan this summer so if we are not moving we may make the trip up there.

Life is too up in the air right now for us to make plans, but I will watch this develop.  :B:

My boys and I will be at Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in NM at this time. 
We will be on a 75 mile, 2 week, back-packing trek and sweating probably!

Have a GREAT time, we miss attending the big GTGs.  Teen boys make 'my social life' a bit non-existant outside the surrounding San Antonio area!

I've always wanted to go to Salt Lake City, but I don't know if I can do that 2300+ mile trip all by myself. Thats one heck of a drive. And since I don't fly, driving is my only option. So hopefully someone else in the NE wants to go, otherwise it'll probably be a no go for me.

James.

Well I know he's going through a rough patch in his life right now, and also I think his AV may be out of commission. So as much as I would like a co-pilot I'd really prefer to see 6 or more AVs driving across country. But I know with fuel prices and the economy, that'll never happen.

James.

It may be a long drive, but I regularly drive 2100 miles each way, with little kids, to visit family in Michigan and Kentucky.  It isn't all that bad and if you take turns  you can probably make it in 35 hours or less.

Just a thought.

Well that brings up the next question, will he want to drive my AV? My truck does have its fair share of noises, and then some. And my transmission temp seems to always climb when I go up big hills, so moderating the throttle is a big issue, and I generally don't go faster than 70 in my AV. But its still 6 months off, so got plenty of time to think about it.

One other factor that kinda matters a lot to me, is how many people are actually committed to going, I know I've never met any of the west coast members, so that would be a bonus, but if it ends up like last year, which I really wished I could've gone, but even having another engagement, the lack of support and attendance for the nationals, it really made it hard for me to justify the cost.

James.

Back