• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

what do u think my first performance mod i should do to my AV

bigbrent

hey i just dont know what do first to my AV. so much i wanna do. i just wish i could do it all but i dont have the money... :E: but im just looking to see what yall think i should do first.

Sail panel lights $15
Debagde it    $0
Performance cost  $$$

First I would ask you what is your definition of "performance mod". Since it can mean many things to different people.
Are you looking for off the line acceleration or top speed improvements?
Or are you concerned with cornering and even braking?
If I wanted to improve the off the line acceleration and mid range torque of this 6,000 lb. truck I would get a cat back exhaust. I did on my 2004 and my 2008 and haven't regretted it at all.
Some members swear by a programmer but I have never needed one yet. Others love a CAI and I didn't have one on my 2004 but I have one on my 2008. From everything I have read and experienced they are really for the "cool" factor and noise.
Just my .02 but the AV is not a performance vehicle. That doesn't mean with some money the performance of the AV can't  be improved it just is a bad base to build a performance vehicle especially if money is tight.
I am the type of person who would study what works and save money until I could buy the right stuff, not get something just because I couldn't wait.
Good luck with your mods.

Remember he is 19 years old.

welcome to the club

a CAI is for cool factor and noise but it also gives you gains. although slight they are noticed. in my opinion its best to do a CAI with a cat back to get the beast breathing the way it should. u cant just breath in and not let it all out as fast as it went in now can u?
do those and add a nelson tune and u will have a ear to ear grin everytime u get behind the wheel.

debadge - this was first for me makes her go faster
paint the bow tie, smoothes the front end. again making her go faster
paint brake lights - luv this on my 04, see above
dura stop brakes with gmt 900 fronts (upto 06) - this is a must on our trucks
ambers - this was my second
Cat back - my third
CAI - my forth
Programmer or tune - this i just did (nelson tune). my only regret was not doing it years ago
there are tons of cheap little things u can do
simple things like
adding kick lights, change out all the lights to led (interior), add a light in the glove box
this list can be huge. start small and work ur way up. this way u get to know the truck inside and out. also please keep in mind, if u want to go fast u need to be able to stop her just as fast. upgrading the brakes is more important that going fast in my opinion on a 6000lb truck

gl and keep us posted

Dan

I would recommend a Diablo Sport Tuner, it allows you to adjust all the transmission functions, tire size, different octane tunes and you can get a custom tune for other mods down the road.

I have also been looking at getting the MBRP cat back exhaust for my Av.

I'm starting with a leveling kit and bigger wheels and tires.
Debadging is also high on my list.

in first assure you if your avalanche is in good state. better to spent money in necessary parts before mods but i don't know your truck

is my 0.20 cent( first time i writte this, hope is correct  ;D)

Back