Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/21/14 12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what do u think my first performance mod i should do to my AV  (Read 2100 times)
bigbrent

Awards
« on: 01/19/12 07:50 PM »

hey i just dont know what do first to my AV. so much i wanna do. i just wish i could do it all but i dont have the money... banghead but im just looking to see what yall think i should do first.
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/12 08:59 PM »

Sail panel lights $15
Debagde it    $0
Performance cost  $$$

2003 2500
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/12 09:49 PM »

First I would ask you what is your definition of "performance mod". Since it can mean many things to different people.
Are you looking for off the line acceleration or top speed improvements?
Or are you concerned with cornering and even braking?
If I wanted to improve the off the line acceleration and mid range torque of this 6,000 lb. truck I would get a cat back exhaust. I did on my 2004 and my 2008 and haven't regretted it at all.
Some members swear by a programmer but I have never needed one yet. Others love a CAI and I didn't have one on my 2004 but I have one on my 2008. From everything I have read and experienced they are really for the "cool" factor and noise.
Just my .02 but the AV is not a performance vehicle. That doesn't mean with some money the performance of the AV can't  be improved it just is a bad base to build a performance vehicle especially if money is tight.
I am the type of person who would study what works and save money until I could buy the right stuff, not get something just because I couldn't wait.
Good luck with your mods.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/12 09:52 PM »

Remember he is 19 years old.

2003 2500
nghtrdr

Avalanche Rules!!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/12 07:05 AM »

welcome to the club

a CAI is for cool factor and noise but it also gives you gains. although slight they are noticed. in my opinion its best to do a CAI with a cat back to get the beast breathing the way it should. u cant just breath in and not let it all out as fast as it went in now can u?
do those and add a nelson tune and u will have a ear to ear grin everytime u get behind the wheel.

debadge - this was first for me makes her go faster
paint the bow tie, smoothes the front end. again making her go faster
paint brake lights - luv this on my 04, see above
dura stop brakes with gmt 900 fronts (upto 06) - this is a must on our trucks
ambers - this was my second
Cat back - my third
CAI - my forth
Programmer or tune - this i just did (nelson tune). my only regret was not doing it years ago
there are tons of cheap little things u can do
simple things like
adding kick lights, change out all the lights to led (interior), add a light in the glove box
this list can be huge. start small and work ur way up. this way u get to know the truck inside and out. also please keep in mind, if u want to go fast u need to be able to stop her just as fast. upgrading the brakes is more important that going fast in my opinion on a 6000lb truck

gl and keep us posted

Dan

04' Summit White, Z71 Loaded WBH Died Dec 27/12 - Black ice and a hydro pole
6772owner

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/20/12 07:51 AM »

I would recommend a Diablo Sport Tuner, it allows you to adjust all the transmission functions, tire size, different octane tunes and you can get a custom tune for other mods down the road.

I have also been looking at getting the MBRP cat back exhaust for my Av.

12' Malibu, 1LT, New D/D

03' Avalanche 1500 Z71, 285/50/20's, Flowmaster Muffler, DDX-418, Remote Start, Predator Tuner, S&B Intake, Amber DRL's & Fog Lamp Bulbs, more mods to come! SOLD!

95' Camaro Z28, M6, T-Top, Flowmaster C/B, 3" Cat, K&N FIPK, 1.5" Drop, Edelbrock STB & TB, STS
1BLK4X4

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02/14/12 11:31 PM »

I'm starting with a leveling kit and bigger wheels and tires.
Debadging is also high on my list.
1badchev

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/07/14 07:58 PM »

Magnaflow and a K&N before I got it home from the dealership

2007 LTZ Black on Black. KandN Filter Magnaflow, HID high beams, Sylvania Silverstars ZXE low beam, LED Foggers, LED Reverse, LED blue license plate, 60 inch lightbar on rear bumper, Aftermarket Black and silver 20s,
Maniac

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05/23/14 06:26 AM »

in first assure you if your avalanche is in good state. better to spent money in necessary parts before mods but i don't know your truck

is my 0.20 cent( first time i writte this, hope is correct  Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: