• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Got XM Problems

13Ray

Need some help on trouble shoot XM problems? The problem that I'm having is I can't receive any reception from my XM provider and I'm not in a black out spot for reception. Yes I have an active account; yes my On Star is active and can make calls; have checked the connection of the wiring harness for proper continuity at the XM and receiver module under the glove box. Are there any other areas I've missed that I can check to remedy this problem?

Keep in mind OnStar and XM are 2 different systems. On the Headunit does the XM band display and have you called XM

Yes, have got a hold of the service rep, and they said everything is fine on there end. They gave my wife some trouble shooting steps to do but nothing happens, I'm currently deployed in Afghan, so it is hard to fix my truck when I'm here, but will us any advice that will help...

What is the head unit displaying?  Full XM channel and audio content?  A message like "antenna" or "loading"?

What year AV and which head unit (6-disk, nav, ect..)?

If it's the xm unit giving you troubles, i'm about to take mine out and install a pioneer unit.  So if you  need one i'll send you mine provided you don't take any video whilst pissing on the Taliban.  Due to the amount of bleeding hearts here in N. America.

What part of the U.S. are you trying to receive the signal in?  Please don't tell us Alaska...

Back