Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 01:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got XM Problems  (Read 1216 times)
13Ray

Awards
« on: 01/14/12 10:01 PM »

Need some help on trouble shoot XM problems? The problem that I'm having is I can't receive any reception from my XM provider and I'm not in a black out spot for reception. Yes I have an active account; yes my On Star is active and can make calls; have checked the connection of the wiring harness for proper continuity at the XM and receiver module under the glove box. Are there any other areas I've missed that I can check to remedy this problem?
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/15/12 06:20 AM »

Keep in mind OnStar and XM are 2 different systems. On the Headunit does the XM band display and have you called XM

2003 2500
13Ray

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/15/12 07:32 AM »

Yes, have got a hold of the service rep, and they said everything is fine on there end. They gave my wife some trouble shooting steps to do but nothing happens, I'm currently deployed in Afghan, so it is hard to fix my truck when I'm here, but will us any advice that will help...
potancen

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/15/12 11:22 AM »

What is the head unit displaying?  Full XM channel and audio content?  A message like "antenna" or "loading"?
Wazbro

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/15/12 12:24 PM »

What year AV and which head unit (6-disk, nav, ect..)?

2008 AV 6.0L LT3 Autoride Blue Granite Metallic
Sanjuanworm

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/15/12 01:30 PM »

If it's the xm unit giving you troubles, i'm about to take mine out and install a pioneer unit.  So if you  need one i'll send you mine provided you don't take any video whilst pissing on the Taliban.  Due to the amount of bleeding hearts here in N. America.
AlaskaAv

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/15/12 04:12 PM »

What part of the U.S. are you trying to receive the signal in?  Please don't tell us Alaska...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: