Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/19/14 11:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing aftermarket sub into stock system  (Read 1960 times)
HOFFandGOLDMAN

Logan Houff - Add me on facebook!

WWW Awards
« on: 01/07/12 08:45 PM »

Hello,

I am going to install an aftermarket sub into my 2009  chevy avalanche. I did have 2000  chevy silverado that i installed my subs amp and aftermarket deck into and i did it all myself. In the silverado it was easy because you just solder your wiring harness to new wires and clip it in, plug the rca cables into the deck and you are good to go. (in a nut shell, there are lots of other steps i left out) but in my avalanche i want to keep the stock deck and speakers and i am just going to install an aftermarket sub and amp. I am curious what is the step by step best way to attack this?

Do i buy a line converter and splice it into the speaker wire that i can plug the rca cables into? Or what way should i do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Logan

2009 LT - Storm Gray - Leather - Sunroof - Leveling Kit

K&N 63 series cold air intake, Helix throttle body spacer

Single Magnaflow off-road performance exhaust, headers, catless

Performance drag custom engine tune + transmission tune (Westers Garage, Tilly Alberta.)

20" Custom Rims on 33's Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires

http://i45.tinypic.com/2zqzwgz.jpg
HOFFandGOLDMAN

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/07/12 08:53 PM »

ALSO,

would anyone happen to know the dimensions for a sub box that would fit under the back seat in my year? I have a 12" kenwood sub. I dont want it take up the entire space under the back seat.

Performance drag custom engine tune + transmission tune (Westers Garage, Tilly Alberta.)

aharper

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/18/12 01:25 PM »

You've got it... under the center console (with your cup holders) is your factory amp.  You'll tap your LOC/inline converter into that location and run your RCA's to your amp.  Some people run their power wire through the grommet on the drivers side firewall... mine was installed by drilling a hole in the passengers side footwell (very simple, just use a grommet to keep water out).  The rest of your wiring should be straight forward.  I *had* to use a capacitor because my headlights were dimming like crazy.  I've never used one before and was skeptical at first... seems to have fixed my problem though. Smiley
DouglasOak
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

2008 Summit White LTZ Windsor, Ontario

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/12 11:37 AM »

Check out the link below for boxes. There is no room under the seat for a 12" sub. 8" or 10" only. These appear to be very good quality boxes, and prices are very reasonable.
http://caraudiofactory.com/-c-22_27_48.html?osCsid=c9a7d715bbc3f5ba644853205bf62abf

HOFFandGOLDMAN

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/12 02:19 AM »

Perfect thanks you guys!

old skool

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/20/12 11:42 PM »

Has anyone ordered from the link posted above? Wouldn't mind having the single speaker enclosure that fits under the back seat on the drivers side for $79.00. Wondering about the quality.

Black 07 LS, Ambers, 24 inch U2-55S wheels with 305/35/24 Falken tires, TREX sports mesh grille, Chrome door handles, mirror covers and, tailgate bezel, Flowmaster 50 muffler, Billet front and rear bowtie, caliper covers, Line of fire lights, 35 watt 8K HID lows, 25 watt 8k HID fogs, K&N CAI, Pioneer HU, Kenwood 500 Watt Amp, Polk Audio Speakers, Pyle 10 inch powered sub, Boyo license plate mount back up camera, Lund bug shield, 2 in Belltech lowering springs.
sgt.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/14/12 06:43 PM »

So what did you end up doing?Huh

2007 LTZ Ming Blue 4WD Bose, Nav. DVD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: