• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Black bear autocal

Please do, I always like to hear what people have to say.  I have only heard good things about them.

Yep, that's me.  Skidoo nick700.  So you decided to go with the blackbear tune I see... I want to do this tune so bad lol.  You should do a speedo video before  and after from like 0 to whatever possible.

It's still in the. Ail, I emailed black bear the other day the said they've seen  a 2 to 14 day hold at Canadian customs I ordered it last Wednesday  :E:

when i ordered my auto-cal from blackbear, it took 2-3 weeks to get the tuner in the mail..
then another 5 weeks to get the tune in an email from them

where to start with them?  any link to post where to view options with the companies would be awesome.  Anyone with experience mind giving kind of a overview of what all is involved?
Thx!

gopherbacon said:
where to start with them?  any link to post where to view options with the companies would be awesome.  Anyone with experience mind giving kind of a overview of what all is involved?
Thx!

Are you talking about the process of getting the tune from Black Bear? If so, read on.

Just google Black Bear Performance, you will find them.  Their website lists the multiple ways to get a tune.  Click on Services and they describe how each service works.  Typically,  I believe most people do the Data Logging Tune.  If possible, people opt for the in-person tune, but the chances of that depend on where you live, and where Justin from black bear performance is "staying" at.

oic, i was confused as to how they would receive the personalized info from each vehicle, but makes more sense now lol
Thx guys  :B:

Hey GB, I would suggest you check out nelson performance. He's in san antonio and can get you a dyno tune at his shop, his screen name on here is farmtruc, think about it and you wont be disappointed!

i just got it in the mail, i drove around for a bit recording  numerous driving types. i just emailed them my stock tune. and now for the waiting game again... i just hope i don't half to wait 5 weeks like biggmachz  :E:

Stogen, I know I said this earlier, but could you really consider doing some sort of speedo video before & after the tune? Please? I'm asking you as one club member to another, one dootalker to another, haha.  I've never come across a video that's worthy.  Somehow people think doing one vid 0-60 and another 20-60 is good for comparison...

And one other thing, how did you tell Blackbear to tune your truck? Like which octane, and is it more economy or performance or all-around?  They sending you a new PCM?

Absolutely Chevynick I will do a comparison, and I bought the Blackbear tuner it says drive around for a half hour at various driving rates (with the tuner plugged in to the obd2) it records everything then I plug it into my computer and email the file to them, then they tweak it and send it back to you then I load it back on to the tuner and into my truck :drive: 

Back