• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lift Kit on 2007 avalanche LTZ Good Idea? or bad idea?

patc221

Would like some help on whether it's a good idea or bad idea to lift my 2000 avalanche LTZ 3 inches. I was thinking about ordering one the the various spacer kits. Do they change the way they ride, steer? Are the very easy to install? If anyone has Pictures of 2007 or newer  avalanche that have lift kits installed on them would be awesome. Thank you ahead of time for any advice on the lift kits.

Pat

There's a lot of posts in the offroad section of people's lifted trucks so you might want to try searching a bit.  I had my '07 on a 4" Rancho kit and really liked it but I had a shop do the install since it required cutting and welding.  Had it on for almost 4 yrs and never had a problem.
DSC01520.jpg

3" Body lift on mine,
Lifting the body doesn't change much in the handling dept.

Attachments

• after lift front corner.JPG
    after lift front corner.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 370
The LTZ has the autoride option that the LT models dont. Most lift kit manufactures that I talked to when I was looking for a leveling kit for my LTZ advised against lifting an LTZ. Thats why the conversion trucks you see lifted are the LT model. I know since then I've seen lift kits that are made for the autoride suspension but they seem to be a lil higher than a normal kit. So you would probably have to look into one of those kits or do some checking on the possibilities of removing the autoride. Not sure if I've seen a picture of a lifted 07+ LTZ, just the lifted lower models...

GR1MR3APER said:
The LTZ has the autoride option that the LT models dont. Most lift kit manufactures that I talked to when I was looking for a leveling kit for my LTZ advised against lifting an LTZ. Thats why the conversion trucks you see lifted are the LT model. I know since then I've seen lift kits that are made for the autoride suspension but they seem to be a lil higher than a normal kit. So you would probably have to look into one of those kits or do some checking on the possibilities of removing the autoride. Not sure if I've seen a picture of a lifted 07+ LTZ, just the lifted lower models...

I have a 2010 LTZ and ran into the same issues with installers as you, fact is that Fabtech is the only company that makes a lift kit for the Auto-Ride/Auto-Level, that works correctly and doesn't screw things up.

The fabtech kit uses clam-shell shock extensions on the front (bottom) shocks and upper mount extensions on the rears to allow the shock to remain in the proper position for the sensors to work correctly on the magnetic shocks. There is a tad bit of cutting on the front cross member (as with all the kits) to lower the front differential and maintain the correct angles on the front axle.

The Rancho 4" kit does work, however what they do is replace the front auto-ride shocks and thus leave the auto ride disabled in the front, a resister is used in the connector to fool the computer into thinking the shock is connected.  In the rear they use similar shock extensions as Fabtech.. 

I actually have the same problem as patc221.  I purchased my 33' tires online and I just find out now that cause I have the LTZ autoride function on my 07 Avy, that i cant install my ReadyLift leveling kit.

@old-chevy-dude, do you know the model number of the Fabtech leveling kit and Rancho kits?  I kinda stuck with these new tires and I really want to install them.

Thanks.

07Avy703 said:
I actually have the same problem as patc221.  I purchased my 33' tires online and I just find out now that cause I have the LTZ autoride function on my 07 Avy, that i cant install my ReadyLift leveling kit.

@old-chevy-dude, do you know the model number of the Fabtech leveling kit and Rancho kits?  I kinda stuck with these new tires and I really want to install them.

Thanks.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSK1018.html

why did readylift change their policy?
if you look at the installation instructions, it tells you how to disconnect and reconnect the auto-ride linkage.
i've been running bigger tires with the readylift for 3 years now without a problem

Hi biggmachz,
Can you tell me the product # of the ReadyLift leveling kit you have on your LTZ?  I'm not sure what to do.  Thanks dude!!

Back