Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/01/14 12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lift Kit on 2007 avalanche LTZ Good Idea? or bad idea?  (Read 7458 times)
patc221

Awards
« on: 12/18/11 06:53 AM »

Would like some help on whether it's a good idea or bad idea to lift my 2000 avalanche LTZ 3 inches. I was thinking about ordering one the the various spacer kits. Do they change the way they ride, steer? Are the very easy to install? If anyone has Pictures of 2007 or newer  avalanche that have lift kits installed on them would be awesome. Thank you ahead of time for any advice on the lift kits.

Pat
1Fastrider
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Hi there

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/29/11 07:30 AM »

There's a lot of posts in the offroad section of people's lifted trucks so you might want to try searching a bit.  I had my '07 on a 4" Rancho kit and really liked it but I had a shop do the install since it required cutting and welding.  Had it on for almost 4 yrs and never had a problem.

'12 Avy/LT/4x4/All Star Edition. Iron Bull bumper. Rough Country 3.5" lift, ProComp PXA7089, 285/70/17 Nittos. Lights-LED spot,fogs,bed,underglow, rear strobes, Painless dual battery setup .  Sold the '07.
msdinsp
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

I Love My Avalanche & the USA

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/30/11 12:28 PM »

3" Body lift on mine,
Lifting the body doesn't change much in the handling dept.

'07, LT3, just started modding, rear window glasscape, bedslide, Line of Fire, Westin Bullbar, Bugshield, window vent visors, hard wired radar detector, 100 Watt driving lights, black rubber floor mats, LTZ console, molded splash guards. Debadged, then rebadged with patriotic decals(bowtie, Chevrolet on tailgate, Avalanche on doors). Train Horns! 2.5" leveling kit & 3"body lift
More to come for sure!
GR1MR3APER

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/30/11 08:06 PM »

The LTZ has the autoride option that the LT models dont. Most lift kit manufactures that I talked to when I was looking for a leveling kit for my LTZ advised against lifting an LTZ. Thats why the conversion trucks you see lifted are the LT model. I know since then I've seen lift kits that are made for the autoride suspension but they seem to be a lil higher than a normal kit. So you would probably have to look into one of those kits or do some checking on the possibilities of removing the autoride. Not sure if I've seen a picture of a lifted 07+ LTZ, just the lifted lower models...

justing

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/03/12 03:37 PM »

2011 with 4" lift

2011 Black on Black Z71 4x4, 4" Rancho Lift, 17" Method Race Wheels, 295/70/17 Toyo MT Tires, & AMP Power Steps
old-chevy-dude

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/03/12 06:21 PM »

The LTZ has the autoride option that the LT models dont. Most lift kit manufactures that I talked to when I was looking for a leveling kit for my LTZ advised against lifting an LTZ. Thats why the conversion trucks you see lifted are the LT model. I know since then I've seen lift kits that are made for the autoride suspension but they seem to be a lil higher than a normal kit. So you would probably have to look into one of those kits or do some checking on the possibilities of removing the autoride. Not sure if I've seen a picture of a lifted 07+ LTZ, just the lifted lower models...

I have a 2010 LTZ and ran into the same issues with installers as you, fact is that Fabtech is the only company that makes a lift kit for the Auto-Ride/Auto-Level, that works correctly and doesn't screw things up.

The fabtech kit uses clam-shell shock extensions on the front (bottom) shocks and upper mount extensions on the rears to allow the shock to remain in the proper position for the sensors to work correctly on the magnetic shocks. There is a tad bit of cutting on the front cross member (as with all the kits) to lower the front differential and maintain the correct angles on the front axle.

The Rancho 4" kit does work, however what they do is replace the front auto-ride shocks and thus leave the auto ride disabled in the front, a resister is used in the connector to fool the computer into thinking the shock is connected.  In the rear they use similar shock extensions as Fabtech.. 

ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/03/12 06:45 PM »

2011 with 4" lift
NOW STOP THAT!!!! Beating  You're making want to trade mine in on a 2nd generation  banghead

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 169,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 151,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 142,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
justing

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01/04/12 11:38 AM »

Big laughter with tears Sorry ohiobellboy
NOW STOP THAT!!!! Beating  You're making want to trade mine in on a 2nd generation  banghead

2011 Black on Black Z71 4x4, 4" Rancho Lift, 17" Method Race Wheels, 295/70/17 Toyo MT Tires, & AMP Power Steps
07Avy703

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01/04/12 02:13 PM »

I actually have the same problem as patc221.  I purchased my 33' tires online and I just find out now that cause I have the LTZ autoride function on my 07 Avy, that i cant install my ReadyLift leveling kit.

@old-chevy-dude, do you know the model number of the Fabtech leveling kit and Rancho kits?  I kinda stuck with these new tires and I really want to install them.

Thanks.

2007 Black Avalanche LTZ 4x4
Volant PowerCore Cool Air Intake
Corsa Twin Pro-Series 4" Sport Exhaust System
Rancho QuickLIFT Loaded front struts
ReadyLift 1.5" Rear Coil Spring Spacers
KMC XD Hoss 20" +18 offset with Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55/20
old-chevy-dude

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01/04/12 02:48 PM »

I actually have the same problem as patc221.  I purchased my 33' tires online and I just find out now that cause I have the LTZ autoride function on my 07 Avy, that i cant install my ReadyLift leveling kit.

@old-chevy-dude, do you know the model number of the Fabtech leveling kit and Rancho kits?  I kinda stuck with these new tires and I really want to install them.

Thanks.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSK1018.html
biggmachz

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 01/04/12 05:21 PM »

why did readylift change their policy?
if you look at the installation instructions, it tells you how to disconnect and reconnect the auto-ride linkage.
i've been running bigger tires with the readylift for 3 years now without a problem

2008 Avalanche Corsa Sport Exhaust
P275/60R20 michelin LTX
ReadyLift 2.25Front 1.5Rear 
Amber DRL
TransGo HD2 shift kit
Blackbear custom tune
07Avy703

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01/05/12 12:00 AM »

Hi biggmachz,
Can you tell me the product # of the ReadyLift leveling kit you have on your LTZ?  I'm not sure what to do.  Thanks dude!!

2007 Black Avalanche LTZ 4x4
Volant PowerCore Cool Air Intake
Corsa Twin Pro-Series 4" Sport Exhaust System
Rancho QuickLIFT Loaded front struts
ReadyLift 1.5" Rear Coil Spring Spacers
KMC XD Hoss 20" +18 offset with Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55/20
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: