• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Does the Escalade have a telescoping steering column?

87bob

Does the Escalade have a telescoping steering column? I have a 07 Avalanche and I could use a steering column that comes out a little closer to the driver. I have legs that are longer than most.

Sorry, but it looks like it does not.... I got curious myself and stumbled onto this forum, several Escalade owners are requesting it for the next gen model.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/130358-2012-escalade-iv-what-do-we.html

I'm afraid the days of a telescoping steering column are over the safety reasons.

Maybe have one with the moveable brake and accelerator pedals could do the same as a telescoping steering? (Sit closer to the wheel and move pedals away.)

Vaeagleav said:
Maybe have one with the moveable brake and accelerator pedals could do the same as a telescoping steering? (Sit closer to the wheel and move pedals away.)

Its my understanding that the movable pedals are only useful for people with shorter legs.  That is to say,  the farthest adjustment is the same placement as would be in a truck without adjustable pedals.

MS03 2500 said:
I'm afraid the days of a telescoping steering column are over the safety reasons.

highly unlikely, there are tons of models with them, most are power and tied into the memory functions.  Saw it in a lot of cars at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Caddy has it in the CTS (both coupe and sedan) STS and DTS, I've driven all 3 in the past year (2010 and 2011 models)
Chrysler has it in the new 2012 300c and 300c SRTs
Dodge in the Chargers
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Lexus in the ES, GS, and LS vehicles
All Lincolns and Several Fords (Taurus, and Edge)
Audi
Acuras
Infinity
Hyundai Genesis
Kia Optima
Most BMWs
Higher end Mazdas

Hell even the Scion TC has one..

Back