Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/01/14 04:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Escalade have a telescoping steering column?  (Read 1797 times)
87bob

Awards
« on: 12/07/11 03:29 AM »

Does the Escalade have a telescoping steering column? I have a 07 Avalanche and I could use a steering column that comes out a little closer to the driver. I have legs that are longer than most.
WhoAteMySoup

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/11 02:40 PM »

Sorry, but it looks like it does not.... I got curious myself and stumbled onto this forum, several Escalade owners are requesting it for the next gen model.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/130358-2012-escalade-iv-what-do-we.html

2011 Black Avalanche LTZ
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/08/11 02:43 PM »

I'm afraid the days of a telescoping steering column are over the safety reasons.

2003 2500
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/08/11 03:49 PM »

Maybe have one with the moveable brake and accelerator pedals could do the same as a telescoping steering? (Sit closer to the wheel and move pedals away.)

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
SunburstOrangeMetallic

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/09/11 12:25 AM »

Maybe have one with the moveable brake and accelerator pedals could do the same as a telescoping steering? (Sit closer to the wheel and move pedals away.)

Its my understanding that the movable pedals are only useful for people with shorter legs.  That is to say,  the farthest adjustment is the same placement as would be in a truck without adjustable pedals.
old-chevy-dude

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/09/11 06:54 AM »

I'm afraid the days of a telescoping steering column are over the safety reasons.

highly unlikely, there are tons of models with them, most are power and tied into the memory functions.  Saw it in a lot of cars at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Caddy has it in the CTS (both coupe and sedan) STS and DTS, I've driven all 3 in the past year (2010 and 2011 models)
Chrysler has it in the new 2012 300c and 300c SRTs
Dodge in the Chargers
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Lexus in the ES, GS, and LS vehicles
All Lincolns and Several Fords (Taurus, and Edge)
Audi
Acuras
Infinity
Hyundai Genesis
Kia Optima
Most BMWs
Higher end Mazdas

Hell even the Scion TC has one..
« Last Edit: 12/15/11 06:30 AM by old-chevy-dude » Logged
WhoAteMySoup

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12/14/11 05:02 PM »

old-chevy dude.... I am afraid you schooled us all....

2011 Black Avalanche LTZ
Goodwrench/02
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

Chevy Avalanche. Like a rock.

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12/15/11 03:00 AM »

I thought all steering columns telescoped at least in one direction, when impacted by your chest.  chevy

2013 Black Diamond LTZ Fairway Green Metallic

NRA Life Member

Who Is John Galt?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: