• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Service park assist message

RJankow661

I have a Service Park Assist message up on my DIC. Camera works OK, but no audible warning anymore. Can anyone point me to a test procedure for the individual sensors
Thanks
RJ

Make sure your sensors are clean. There's been members that have had soap residue on them causing issues.  :wave:

There is a way of testing the system but you have to get at the module under the passenger front seat, which may even involve taking out the seat to get at the module properly.  I found the procedure on how to test it on line once you get at it, but it was easier to get it scanned for free.  They told me that it was showing a problem with a certain sensor or the wiring.  The wiring had not been touched, plus I checked the connections and even for continuity from the sensor to the plug under the rear of the passenger side frame rail.  Personally I would get it scanned, a lot of places do it for free.

I'm having an issue with this alarm. Is this something that can be scanned at Autozone or the dealer and I can find out what sensor is bad? There's a guy selling a full set near me for $150.
Good deal or should I pass?

Back