• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Performance Chip

dcn427

SM 2022
SM 2011
I was browsing ebay today and seen one of these Listed. Was wondering if anyone had ever tried somthing like this and if it was worth the money to install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kamikaze-Performance-Chip-Add-36-Horsepower-and-6-MPG-Chevy-Buick-/150686026946?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AAvalanche+1500%7CYear%3A2002&vxp=mtr&hash=item2315964cc2

I have a nice private lake out in the middle of the Sahara desert I'll sell you cheap also. :rolleyes:

It's nothing more than a resistor you put inline (I believe on the MAF) to trick your AF tables into running a little leaner.

Spend the money and get a tune done or buy a good programmer that you can make adjustments with. (y)

oh, I would love a private lake!! How much??

I did not think it was worth all that much. Figured i would post and see what others say. Im just stating out in this and no idea what tune or programmer to get or where to get it lol.

dcn427 said:
oh, I would love a private lake!! How much??

I did not think it was worth all that much. Figured i would post and see what others say. Im just stating out in this and no idea what tune or programmer to get or where to get it lol.
Lots of reading out there on programmers or having someone like Nelson or Blackbear do a tune for your truck. I myself use a Predator on mine and had a member do some tweaking on the tune. At one point, I was getting 19.5 mpg highway on my 04 Z71 keeping it under 75mph. That was using the Predator and swapping out the clutch driven fans for Efans.

That was before the lift kit and 33" tires though. >:D

Back