• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Check Engine Light - P0121 reading from OnStar

WheresJS

SM 2006
Hey Folks

My check engine light has been randomly coming on & off, and now its been on for 2 days. OnStar gave me a code reading of P0121. Truck is running smoothe, nothing out of the norm, except the light. They said the code gives no other readings or warnings but to take it in to get looked at and that it has to do with the Throttle Body. Does anyone have any further input or suggestions/advice? I recently moved to another state and have no time off to take it to a dealer. Is there a chance I can fix this myself? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

JS

Read this post

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,115376.0.html

Thanks for the link.. I am @ 82k miles currently.  I had a dealer Induction Cleaning done about 25k miles ago. I've read the link and everything is pointing to cleaning or replacing. Should I do another cleaning or something else? Also my warranty was just up Sep 1st, so everything is out of pocket now.

I would try removing the electrical plug and put some de-electric grease in it. I had a p0220 code and this seems to have fixed it.

Not here, I'm at work and can't reach video sites. Try searching on you tube.

Back