• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Manifest List?

Bob A.

Anyone know anything about this list like where or how it is maintained?  Does anyone know how I can contact the Chevy regional manager for the Pittsburgh PA area?

Many thanks for any help.

Bob A.

Are you trying to find an Avy with specific options?  If so, go to Chevrolet.com and you can search current dealer stock including window stickers and vins.

I have been buying new Chevy vehicles my entire life and I'm working on #9 now.  The dealer tells me that I'm not on this list of loyal Chevy owner so I don't qualify for that incentive.  I just bought #8 two months ago so I'm trying to find out how I did not make the list.

Bob A.

Bob A. said:
I have been buying new Chevy vehicles my entire life and I'm working on #9 now.  The dealer tells me that I'm not on this list of loyal Chevy owner so I don't qualify for that incentive.  I just bought #8 two months ago so I'm trying to find out how I did not make the list.

Bob A.
Go to a different dealer. I would think after your second one they would acknowledge you.

Well I did go to a different dealer and we did better.  Discovered that the 2012 Equinox is beginning to arrive.  Mom has one on the way.

In reply to Wazbro, yes this was #9 new Chevy and #11 overall.  Repeat after me, first new one was a 68 RS/SS 350 Camero, 70 72 & 75 Blazers (old full sized), 79 & 98 Suburbans, 04 and 2011 Avalanches.  Started off with a used 1965 140 Hp Convair Corsa with 4 one barrel carbs (16.2 quarter miles) and also had a used 1975 Corvette for several years.  Now mom has a 2012 Equinox on the way.

Bob A. said:
Well I did go to a different dealer and we did better.  Discovered that the 2012 Equinox is beginning to arrive.  Mom has one on the way.

In reply to Wazbro, yes this was #9 new Chevy and #11 overall.  Repeat after me, first new one was a 68 RS/SS 350 Camero, 70 72 & 75 Blazers (old full sized), 79 & 98 Suburbans, 04 and 2011 Avalanches.  Started off with a used 1965 140 Hp Convair Corsa with 4 one barrel carbs (16.2 quarter miles) and also had a used 1975 Corvette for several years.  Now mom has a 2012 Equinox on the way.

Was the one dealer a volume dealer or a family owned dealership? I believe that when one is dealing with a volume dealer you are just another number!! But if you bought from a family owned dealership you become a "loyal" customer!! I have bought my second Avy, third vehicle, from the same dealership which is a family owned dealer!! I am always treated the best and get good deals when it is time to purchase another Chevy vehicle!! Once a Chevy, always a Chevy!!  (y) :B:

Until this experience, I would have echoed your sentiments exactly.  I had a close friend who was a dealer and he charged me 5% over the actual invoice cost (not the fake one that is generated for public consumption).  My experience now is that they got rid of a bunch of dealers and now they are hiding all the real costs again so it is not so easy to get a deal.

Also, if you get the fancy literature, all they are is a bunch of pictures.  Gone are the lists of option packages that permit you to shop as an informed consumer.  I used to go in with the proper designation for each feature knowing the dealers exact cost (except for the end of year bonuses etc). 

Much of the costs are now guess work.  It used to be that I would say that the dealer always made at least a thousand bucks more than I could see.  Now it is more like five thousand.  Gone are the days where you could assume that thousands would be cut off the sticker.  Now it like pulling teeth to get a few hundred off.  Last week, I got an offer from a huge volume dealer for $28353.  After at least 2 hours of his time, I told him that my "right now today price" was $27500, he let me walk.

Right now in my area, cars are selling very well and most people are paying cash!  Yesterday, when we did it, I though that it would be unusual.  He said that 25 of the last 30 cars he sold were cash deals.  What I see is that they view it as a sellers market.

Bob A

Congrats.

I know a dealer in Central PA who would give me dealer cost.  My fiancee was looking for a new car and was looking at the Equinox and the Subaru Forester.  She ended up getting a Forester, still at dealer cost because they own a Subaru and a Chevy dealer.

The Equinox was a nice vehicle.  I'm sure your mom will not be disappointed.

Back