• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Radio Stays on when key off

orangedaddy

Even when you open and close the door.. Radio still stays on.
Open close door about 3 or 4 times then it might cut off????

Anybody heard of this?

well not knowing the year and specific model of your vehicle kinda hard to say..

but sounds like the door trigger has a short or broken wire.. 

do your interior lights behave oddly when this occurs (don't turn on when door opens and radio remains on, then come on when radio goes off)

I'm guessing ignition switch

Than Old Chevy dude is right it's the door switch. (y)

I have the same exact issue, did you ever get a resolution? and if it is the door switch where would it be located on an 06 avalanche.

The truck doesnt know the door is opened or closed, if you open the door the lights dont come on when getting in, and when you get out the radio doesnt turn off, but if I open and close the back door everything works find...

I"m having the same problem in my Avalanche, but now the only thing that stays on is the radio and the battery icon in the dash. Nothing Else, so I know its not the door.  If it was the interior lights would stay on and the dash would be telling you that the door is open. I was told its the ignition, which really sucks!!!!!!!!

A ignition switch is not that hard to change yourself.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,42089.0.html

Back