• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GForce Performance chip ??

BornTexan

Just bought a 2005 2500 8.1 Avalanche and have been doing a lot of reading both prior to the purchase and now after.  This truck is NOT going to be my daily driver but used basically to pull an enclosed motorcycle trailer on occasion.  And to run down to the local beer and burger joint.

My question is on engine mods..  i.e. performance chips, cold air boxes and such.  Have been reading about various plug and play performance chips.  GForce Performance chip sounds a lot like 'snake oil'...anybody have any experience with these ??  These or an other chips.

Have read quite a bit about tire size...so thinking about jumping up to a 17" wheel/tire combo although I don't see that helping that much.

I'm totally new to the Avalanche arena so any thoughts/ideas are appreciated. 

o~\o

If I were you I would take a look at Black Bear Performance.  Keep in mind though, that I myself have not tried his tune yet.  I am and have been doing a lot of research and reading lots of reviews about the Black Bear Performance tune, and the reviews are very promising.  In fact, BBP Tune is better than a plug 'n play handheld tuner.  Go to their website to find out more about his tune.

Hope this helps...

Back