Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/18/14 06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Performance Chip tests  (Read 2315 times)
wrongway

Awards
« on: 06/09/11 02:19 PM »

Here is a link to tests for performance chips:
http://www.performancechips.com/performance-chip-reviews.html
Some very intersting results if they can be believed, but appears the only affordable chip that works is the Motorsports Performance Chip which gets good reviews. I am interested in it but would like to hear from people who are using it or other chips and whether you are actually getting better gas milage using only octane 87. It is obvious from the test results that many chips degrade mpg & power and are just scams. Big laughter with tears
av4ever

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/28/12 05:04 PM »

I tried using Superchips flashpaq on my 03 av the past 4 months. I also added a K&L air filter at the same time, expecting to get around 2-3 miles per gal more. I ended up getting up to 2 miles per gal less. I brought the Superchip back to the store and got my money back. Now with just the air filter on, I get 1 mile per gallon more than my standard settings. Still looking for one of these gas chips to work, so if you have any information, I would apprecieate it.

Thanks
av4ever

03 Black Z71 WBC,
Future Mod: Chrome Grill, bug deflector(GOT),power tailgate opener,side steps-(GOT),G-Force gas chip(DID NOT WORK).
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/29/12 05:36 AM »

That site looks to be a bit bias just by the name of it...

like RADARDETECTOR TEST.com..

some guy buys the Site name and sells the results to highest bidder...

Tell me what consumer reports says

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
scavy

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/29/12 10:19 PM »

hello,
 i have a 03 z71 w/ ford keys and 35's i added a cai,new muffler and a diablosport predator, before mods i was getting 14.5 mpg city and after lift and tires got 13-13.5 mpg city, after cai,muffler and tuner i now get 16.3-16.5 mpg city, so i guess they do work. Cheesy

2003 z71 with ford keys, running 35x12.5r17 toyo open country mud tires stock rims, CAI, dynomax muffler and diablo sport predator
av4ever

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/01/12 06:49 PM »

scavy, what tuner did you use?

03 Black Z71 WBC,
Future Mod: Chrome Grill, bug deflector(GOT),power tailgate opener,side steps-(GOT),G-Force gas chip(DID NOT WORK).
scavy

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/02/12 10:03 PM »

i got the u7193, used the 87 octane tune and adjusted for me 35's

2003 z71 with ford keys, running 35x12.5r17 toyo open country mud tires stock rims, CAI, dynomax muffler and diablo sport predator
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: