• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips Cortex installed

Zakk

Installed the superchips cortex on my 05 a few days ago. I have a 3 inch lift, with 33's. My truck has been a little sluggish of course after adding the bigger tires, and honestly speed isn't a big deal to me in a truck, it's not a sports car. I have my 2010 Camaro for that.  (y) But I did want to use it to program it for the tires, and get any little big of power and gas mileage back I could. lol And I can say I'm pretty satisfied with it, yes it's not a HUGE difference, but it did what I expected it to. I've tried all the tunes on it except for Tow so far. The 91 Octance performance dude is the most noticeable for power, but I don't really plan on doing that very often. The gas mileage tune so far hasn't showed me a big difference, but I have already started getting 1 more MPG on the DIC display, the way I look at it is it's better then nothing. Now I just left it on regular 87 octane tune, and probably will leave it there. I am taking a trip to Florida at the end of June, and that will give me a lot better of an idea of how well it all works, especially the gas saver. But just thought I'd share what little bit of input I had on it so far in case anyone has been thinking about getting one.

I was thinking about getting the Cortex for my 06. I'd like to know what your thoughts and experiences are for it.

will it do a brake stand? or at least spin them even with them tires? also do you have a cia or tbs or exhaust? i want ot get one and i can get it for 450 shipped, canadian. so is that a good deal?

Well i hope some people will still bounce around here, i too have a Superchip for my 2007 and have ran the tow option as well as the performance option. For those curios, the tow feature works well as it changes the shift points and it really noticable when you're going up a steep incline...As for the post above regarding the 87 feature, this feature is designed for those locations in which 91 or better is recommended for your vehicle it just allows you to install this feature so that you dont have to pay the larger gas prices...here in Colo. this is not an issue as our's are 85 octane up to 91 octane..what i'd like to know is if anyone has customized their settings and what you would recommend?

Back