• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips tuner

brandonknight

Hey guys-
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just got my Superchips flashpaq (#2815) today, I've got it on the 87 octane tune, planning on switching to the 91 performance, but just filled up the tank with 87 gas earlier. Also I have a spectre CAI on the way to be installed in a few days when it arrives.

Currently getting about 15 mpg with stock everything on my '04, hoping to gain a few with these easy mods.

Any input on which tune settings net the most mpg? Truck has plenty of power just lookin to save some cheddar at the gas pump.

Hey man, I just got the superchips cortex last week, I have tried it out in everything except the towing tune. I do like it a lot, noticeable difference in power, I have a 3 inch lift with 33's. It was a little sluggish passing, but now not at all. I also have the spectre CAI installed, and for the money I love it, I haven't tried the more expensive brands but I don't see how they could be too much better. As far as gas mileage goes, a lot of people told me don't expect a huge difference, that seems to be correct so far, but I have started getting about 1 more mpg, better then nothing I suppose?

hey guys im also new to the board have a 2005 av with superchips flash paq #2865 on the 91 tune and its great. Thinking about getting that same cold air kit still dont know if it will make much of a difference. I have heard it take away from the low end torque or some people get a flat spot off idle. But going to level mine out in the back first then maybe get the cold air kit. Let me know how it works when you get yours put on.

Back