• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Parking Sensor TOASTED

BigMike07

I have a 2007 Av and I had problems with my parking sensors before when just coming out from the car wash.  I found that they had a residue on them and just cleaned them off.  This time cleaning them wasn't the problem.  I disconnected all of my sensors from their brackets and put them back in finding that one of them was completely toasted where it connects with the black bracket to the wiring system.

#1: Anyone know where I can buy a sensor cheap?
#2: One of the metal prongs from my sensor is still stuck inside of the bracket to the wiring system...what should I do?

Anyone with any help is well appreciated.  Thank you!  BTW I like doing this type of stuff on my own trying to save the extra bucks to put towards my gas these days.

-Mike-

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but these are not cheap sensors. I have an 07 as well and i typically go through a sensor every winter  :mad:

The sensors go for $240 cdn but my buddy gets them for me at $120. I have seen them on ebay and amazon for $100 us.

good luck on your search,

Jason

oops forgot about question #2

a pair of pinchers with a fine point may work or you could try and de-pin the plug and push the pin out from the opposite side

part number 15239247

$94 on Amazon for OEM A/C Delco part:

http://www.amazon.com/General-Motors-15239247-Assist-Backup/dp/B003VPCGJO

$48 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-25961321-Bumper-Park-Assist-Object-Sensor-15239247-/200588152140

they are generic black, if you want paint matched $150 plus..  I would suggest just getting a $5 bottle of touch up and painting them yourself.

Yeah I have been getting the same super annoying issue every time I turn my car on.  I am assuming its just one of the sensors, I will pull them and check it out myself. 

Thank you old-chevy-dude for links to new sensors.  (y)

So just an update.  I replaced the sensor on the weekend.  If anyone read my post asking for instructions on how to change a sensor, they must have thought I was stupid!  This could scarcely have been an easier job!  I guess I was just assuming that it would be difficult because they never make anything easy to work on yourself anymore.  I actually changed both outboard sensors just to have them match because I didn't paint them.  Although now that I know how easy it is, I may take them out and paint them sometime.  I can't believe that the dealership wanted about $400 for this job!

looks like i get to join this club...Mine just went out a few weeks back. Going to try to figure out what exactly is causing the service park assist message.

Back