• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edge Evolution CTS

codejunkie

SM 2011
Ordered the Edge Evolution CTS the other day and it came in tonight. Primarily purchased it for a little pep when towing my 27' camper. But since I don't tow it every day I figured I'd put it on the economy mode and see what kind of mileage I get out of it. Got it installed tonight and will give it a shot. Usually averaged around 12 to 13 mpg around town (small rural town about 7k people). My drive to work each day is about 9/10 of a mile one way. Hopefully this helps as gas is now 3.99 in town.

codejunkie said:
Ordered the Edge Evolution CTS the other day and it came in tonight. Primarily purchased it for a little pep when towing my 27' camper. But since I don't tow it every day I figured I'd put it on the economy mode and see what kind of mileage I get out of it. Got it installed tonight and will give it a shot. Usually averaged around 12 to 13 mpg around town (small rural town about 7k people). My drive to work each day is about 9/10 of a mile one way. Hopefully this helps as gas is now 3.99 in town.

Let me know how it works out for you performance wise, a guy at my work was just telling me about the Edge and he said his buddy got one for his Tahoe and it really woke it up.  I think I'd rather do a custom tune though but  :dunno:

I've had mine for a while now. It should be another week or two before I post all the data form my typical driving habits. I can tell you that I averaged 15ish everyday driving before the CTS and I leave mine on 3 (tow mode) as I pull a 6500 pound 26 foot boat in the summer and equipment and enclosed trailers year round. I'm doing my tests without pulling anything (for now). I'm averaging 18.9 mpg in 3, 20.8 in 2 and 15.2 in 1 driving the same 322 mile route at least four times for testing filling up before I leave and filling up when I get back. I still have yet to do the route on 4 with any consistency. Hope this helps and PM me with any questions you may have.

Update: 2/12/2013

I've been using the Edge Evolution CTS for 5 months now. The 03 Avalanche has been performing better in the economy and performance tune modes. Shift is noticeably improved and smoother. In Economy mode: 17 to 21.7 mpg. 524 mile trip on one tank of fuel (NJ to OH via PA). Acceleration and performance was greatly improved over factory setting. Cruise speed set 70mph. Performance was excellent on PA mountains, better acceleration and overall performance in various driving conditions. Highly recommend to any Avy owner.

Back