• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New 2500 Bump Stops

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
After reading about these newer bump stop on other sites, I decided to get them a try. They are made out of some type of poly material unlike the stock ones. I believe they will work on the 1500s also(but check for yourself). The part number is GM 15835667 and 15835666 are the stock part. Looks like a got about a inch and a half lift out of it.  Now I have 100,000 miles on the working girl so this is the first mod I'll be doing in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• bumpstop before.jpg
    bumpstop before.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 615
  • bumpstopafter.jpg
    bumpstopafter.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 617
Now these are the stops side by side

Attachments

• bumpstop1.jpg
    bumpstop1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 791
  • bumpstop2.jpg
    bumpstop2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 608
And one side by side, they are twice as heavy as the stock one. Gotta take it out for a ride now

Attachments

• bumpstopside.jpg
    bumpstopside.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 599
MS03 2500 said:
Haven't left yet I'm watching Swamp People. :laugh:
AAAARGGG  I'm missing it! Should have recorded it.

BOT. My bump stops don't even hit the control arms.  :rolleyes: There's about an inch gap there.

ohiobellboy said:
BOT. My bump stops don't even hit the control arms.  :rolleyes: There's about an inch gap there.
You need to find a taller ramp. Some good air time should manage to touch them ;)

I'm not sure on the 1500, but the 2500 they ride on the stops.

Evaluation it corners very well don't even have to slow down on most corners. You can tell they are heavy duty, but it's not too bad. The wondering seems to be gone. I Like it. (y)

I forgot the headlights shine about 30-40 feet further so I'll have to adjust them down a bit.

They are not the same as the 1500. At least my 2002 Z66 was different. They have round stops that set in a cup.

See this thread for the 1500 bump stops:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,121118.0.html

And here is a link where ygmn found them:

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=15161761

Z66 BUTCH said:
They are not the same as the 1500. At least my 2002 Z66 was different. They have round stops that set in a cup.

I thought so Butch (y)

Update the driveability is much better much more firm and controlled turning. It is almost level now, the front is about a inch lower than the rear.

Not sure if this is because my old ones were so soft. I highly recommend getting the upgraded ones.

MS03 2500 said:
Update the driveability is much better much more firm and controlled turning. It is almost level now, the front is about a inch lower than the rear.

Not sure if this is because my old ones were so soft. I highly recommend getting the upgraded ones.

Adding it to the list..  :needhug:

They were only 52 bucks, 21 each and about 10 shipping from rockauto, but you have to search by  part number, they are not listed under avalanche.

You just jack the side up to get it off the stop then change it. So about 15 minutes each side and it's a 15 MM nut on it.

Also crank the steering all the way over for clearance

Hmm, i'm checking rockauto.. not finding the p/n.. could you verify the 15835667 and 15835666 ?
or give me the breakdown on their catalog..  maybe i'm just not seeing it lol  :help:

My mistake it was www.gmpartsdirect.com, but I actually used www.gmpartscheap.com it was closer to me.

Been ordering a lot of parts lately.  :E: :E:

you'll need 2 of # 15835667, the other # is the stock part...

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?partnumber=15835667

Attachments

• bumpers.jpg
    bumpers.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 668
Given that our trucks tend to ride on these stops - you didn't notice any difference in ride quality?

EDIT: Guess I'll find out for myself..  just ordered a pair of 'em...

The truck is getting aligned next week anyway, so they can take care of any toe-in changes then too!

dman said:
Our there bump stops in back? :wave:

Yes they do, but the axle does not ride on it like the front

Attachments

• rearale.jpg
    rearale.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 536
Eskimo said:
Given that our trucks tend to ride on these stops - you didn't notice any difference in ride quality?

EDIT: Guess I'll find out for myself..  just ordered a pair of 'em...

The truck is getting aligned next week anyway, so they can take care of any toe-in changes then too!

Yes it does firm the ride but it's not too hard, make cornering fun for a big heavy truck.  :D

Back