Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/19/14 07:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drive Inn GTG 5/21/11 Pirates...On Stranger Tides  (Read 1600 times)
chadstr
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Dont you dare push my button, I want too! (NOS)

Awards
« on: 04/12/11 05:00 AM »

Its warming up  Thumbs up! the drive inn in Pueblo is open and I was wondering if anyone 1) would be interested and 2) what summer movies would you all like to see?

Here is the website http://www.carload.com/mesa.htm to check out what screens they are on, but for the most part any of the new movies are played. Its a great time (we go alot) and the Avalanche is the best drive in vehicle EVER!

We are going to go to the new Transformers movie...of course right. So if there are any others that you want to see post up so  we can start planning some dates based on release dates.

Chadstr
« Last Edit: 05/17/11 01:12 PM by chadstr » Logged

My Mods are worth more than my truck !?! Does that seem right?
ken pelles

Avalanche.....anything less is just a truck!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/11 12:06 AM »

That so works......lets try to work around Friday Night Drags at PMI....gotta spend ample time there as well.... Thumbs up!

Do they make an Avalanche Airplane yet? Id love to fly one.... Beercrazy
chadstr

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/13/11 02:24 PM »

Here are a few release dates for some we want to see

April 29 Fast Five
May 20 Pirates of the Caribbean Stranger Tides
May 27 Kung Fu Panda II
June 17 Green Lantern
July 1 Transfomers III
July 22 Capt America

tracer80

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/11 03:51 PM »

The Drive Inn is Already Open,  I wish the one on this side would open up soon,  And yes the Avalanche is the Ultimate in Drive Inn Movie Mobiles. 

2003 Olympic White 4x4, ORU leveing kit, Bilstien shocks, Optima Red top, Boston Acustics speakers,  Dale Jr Canons 17x10. Yakima Bed Cover Rack, 10% tint on all(except windshield-Future Mods Body lift, Exhaust, Cab lights, lights in grill, and BFG KM2's 285-75/r17,
BWill

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/28/11 03:43 PM »

The Drive In sounds great!  And Ken...so does the Friday night drags.  Let me know when you plan to head out there.

Black 02 Av 2500 8.1 4x4 cladded, 9" lift, K&N, Ambers, sitting on 35x12.5/18's.
ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/28/11 10:06 PM »

I sure will....Friday night drags starts May 13, but its the 20th show id really wanna see, the Rocky Mountain Stick Shifters are gonna be there and they put on one wild show.......   Drive! Drive!
« Last Edit: 04/28/11 10:08 PM by ken pelles » Logged

avalanchuck
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

LET'S GO AVS!

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05/15/11 03:27 PM »

Starting a new job a week from tomorrow means I will now get some weekends off!   Thumbs up!

So I'll check with Nicole and we'll see if we can't get something planned to head down and join you all for a movie.

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 05/17/11 01:57 AM »

Since the stick shifters will be here on the 20th, I propose we get something together for this Friday for that. Also, the Pirates of the Caribean comes out on Friday, so I was thinking on Saturday doing a drive in GTG, unless its too much all on one weekend. Chuck, in either case these are night events, not sure if you and Nicole would want to make a weekend trip down like discussed before. Let me know. Ken, if you would like to set up the drag, you know more about it than I do.

Thanks,
Chadstr

Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05/17/11 12:48 PM »

A drive in movie sounds AWSOME, this weekend works for us.the Pirate of the Caribbean movie sounds good, melanie loves those movies. what time where you thinking of heading down there?
chadstr

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05/17/11 01:11 PM »

Well the gates to the movies open at 7:30, we try to get there by 6:45 or before which will be really important if we all want to park side by side, especially for a big movie on opening weekend. As far as setting up a caravan down to pueblo, we first need to know where everybody will be coming from so we can pick a place that works best for the majority, I would imagine somewhere along I-25 so those coming from Denver will be able to find it easy. It takes about an hour to drive there and we almost always order from Dominoes on the way so that the pizza is ready when we get there. That number is 719-545-2211. The website for the pricing is here http://www.mesadrive-in.com/ as well as the address in case there are any late comers of we get separated along the way. I will stress, they will not let me save spots for others, so if we are not all there at the same time, we most likely will not be parking next to each other. So we should be heading from the South side of the Springs around 5:30 or so.

Also, they haven't posted what movie will be playing with it or if it will be the later movie or not. Ive tried  calling and all I get is a answering machine. I will keep tabs on it and will post any new info here. So post if your interested and I will get a list started.

And I hope it don't rain on us like last time...right John  Big laughter with tears

Chadstr
« Last Edit: 05/17/11 01:16 PM by chadstr » Logged

Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 05/19/11 01:46 PM »

it would be nice if it didn't rain this time, but it's still a great GTG.
avalanchuck
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

LET'S GO AVS!

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 05/19/11 03:38 PM »

I'm working my last this weekend so have fun guys... Nicole and I are leaning towards Captain America later this summer.   Thumbs up!

ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 05/19/11 10:38 PM »

I have to sit this one out.... have to work Saturday then continue moving the shop to the new facility. I am however gonna set up a drag race night for June sometime, Ill start a new thread....... have fun guys

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 05/20/11 01:48 AM »

I look forward to it guys. I just wanted to update, the movie that is playing on the same screen is Tangled I believe. Im not sure if we will stay for that one...unless pirates comes on last we already saw Tangled, but we shall see.

Anybody else up for a movie?

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 05/21/11 06:57 AM »

Just letting all that are lurking but are afraid to post that we are meeting at 5:00 pm on Saturday to head to Pueblo at 4095 Arrows West Drive Loaf & Jug.

Attendees:
Chadstr+3
SexyZ71+1
You?

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 05/21/11 05:27 PM »

Great time, pretty good movie, good weather...great GTG. Its starting to be a modding/movie GTG. Last two in some sort or another have turned into a little mod. Till the next movie....

Chadstr

Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 05/24/11 02:59 PM »

LOL, that does seems to be how it turns out, that movie GTGs do become mod GTGs too. your the best Chad.
BWill

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 05/24/11 03:43 PM »

Well shoot.....I missed it.  Ain't that about a ........    banghead

Black 02 Av 2500 8.1 4x4 cladded, 9" lift, K&N, Ambers, sitting on 35x12.5/18's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: