• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Found out the hard way about 95 MPH restriction

vector

I took a very long drive in some remote areas and was surprised to find that my AV would not allow me to go above 95-97. Not that I wanted to drive like a maniac, but when you have well paved roads is desolate areas, most everyone is at least driving 20+ above the speed limit. So even in situations where you want to pass someone in the right lane that is doing 92, you barely have the ability to pass before the programming restricts your engine. Now that I have made the long trip I will not be needing to go much above regular highway speeds, but for those of you who like to get on it, what have you done to get rid of the restrictive programming from the factory?

Buy a programmer or get a tune to turn off the restriction or at least raise it to a speed you feel comfortable with.  I have mine off and have done 100+ with quite a bit more petal.  I'm not worried about the going as I am the stopping.  The stock brakes are not adequate for a 6K truck. 

SunburstOrangeMetallic said:
I've been under the impresion that the top speed was limited due to the speed rating of the factory supplied tires. No?

Yes. :B:

:welcome: to CAFCNA SunburstOrangeMetallic  :wave:      If you are going to raise the speed limiter you should make sure your tires are rated for the increase in speed

I have a Diablo Sport Predator tune on my 2005 Avalanche. Naturally, the speed limiter was turned "off".

My Avalanche cruises at 100+ mph with no problems.

CodeBlueEMT said:
I have a Diablo Sport Predator tune on my 2005 Avalanche. Naturally, the speed limiter was turned "off".

My Avalanche cruises at 100+ mph with no problems.

(y)

Back