Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: performance chip  (Read 4030 times)

railguy

• 2008 White LTZ
performance chip
« on: 04/05/11 11:02 AM »

Just curious if anyone has added a performance chip such as G-Force. Did it have any effect on fuel economy and/or performance?
WeatherTech floormats
61 Vette

wrongway

Re: performance chip
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/11 02:10 PM »

Heres a link where tests have been made on all the chips:   

http://www.performancechips.com/performance-chip-reviews.html

They don't recommend the G-Force chip especially, and some actually give you less horsepower and torgue as well as lower gas milage. Appears the Motorsports Performance Chip is the best at a lower price but I would like to hear from someone who has used it.

Blacklane

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
Re: performance chip
« Reply #2 on: 03/11/13 08:21 AM »

I know this is an old post, but I recently came across a website called "G Force Chip Scam."

They disassembled a G Force chip circuit.  It turns out that the box actually has a bunch of components but the wires in-and-out of it connect to nothing.  The chip itself is a cheap logic chip wired in a nonsensical way.  The system is completely bogus.

At $70 US, it can certainly lighten your billfold, but that seems to be the only way it improves the performance.

http://gforcechipscam.com/
^B2004 WBH^B  Mods:  Westin Bull Bar, Westin Step Rails, Amber DRLs, Cabin Air Filter Added, Right Cargo Lamp Added, Rear Headrest Notch Mod, Dorman Intermediate Steering Shaft, PML transmission pan, Nothing by K&N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.