Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/23/14 01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guaging interest in a Coos Bay/North Bend GTG  (Read 1261 times)
TheArsenal33
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Awards
« on: 04/04/11 02:50 PM »

There was some interest last year in going to the dunes this summer, so I'll get this started early.
I'm looking at doing this anytime from the begining of July all the way through October.
With the dates so wide open I hope to recieve some input on when and IF anyone is still interested in this.
I took my Avy out in the sand this weekend and it handled pretty well for being mostly stock.
Didn't go up any crazy hills but it floated right along, even with my quad in the back.   chevy

« Last Edit: 04/04/11 02:53 PM by TheArsenal33 » Logged

2007 Avalanche LT
Keep MODDING, it stimulates the economy!
Trapshooter

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 09/28/11 01:53 PM »

TheArsenal33..........great pics.  Thumbs up!  Headed to Coos Bay myself the weekend of 10/7/11. Towing my Jeep CJ7 out to run on the dunes with my '04 AV 2500. Used to have a couple of quads years ago but my bride would rather ride in the Jeep.

I will post some pics here after the weekend.

Trap
TheArsenal33

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/03/11 02:48 PM »

Hey Trapshooter  Welcome!

Sounds like your well prepared for fun at the dunes!
Looking forward to seeing your pics.
You might need a few more posts to actually post them...if you need a hand let me know.
I work Friday and Saturday that weekend but will have Sunday off if you are still around and want to try the 10Mile sand rd at Spinreel.
Goodluck out there....I'll keep my fingers crossed the rain holds off for you guys.

2007 Avalanche LT
Amedeus

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/22/12 12:30 AM »

I go there once a year for West/AnTir war in the SCA.  Rarely make it to the oregon coast any other time as I am from Yreka
fgkell

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/31/12 08:08 AM »

I'm only a few hours from Coos Bay...I'd make it  Thumbs up!
TheArsenal33

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/31/12 07:29 PM »

Welcome fgkell!

I can almost throw a rock and hit the dunes from my place so anytime you want to take a spin out there let me know.
There are also plenty of camping spots or hotels since your a few hours away. ATV rentals too.
I haven't heard much interest in the dunes so I didn't plan anything with concrete dates.
We went out the other day (only sunny day in a month) and tore it up. Had miles of prestine sand to ourselves.

2007 Avalanche LT
AyyTrainn
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Never Ever Touch This Black Mans Radio.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/05/13 11:10 AM »

Looks Like Yall Had Fun!!!!

fgkell

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01/07/13 10:04 PM »

I race motocross and offroad...not as much of a sand guy but always wanted a rail. If I lived closer to your neck of the woods, it would be very necessary to have a couple quads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: