• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 Z66 1500 Shock Replacement question

Over40

I need to replace my front shocks on my 03 1500.  Can someone suggest a shock and include model number?  I have the load leveling rear suspension and dont know if that affects what shocks I put on the front?  If I was to replace all 4 can someone provide me with recommendation for model numbers?  I tow about 4 times a year, travel trailer.  I was thinking about the Reflex but Pepboys thinks the front shocks matter with the mechanical load level on the rear and said the front are 500 per shock..  there is NO WAY this is right.

Thank you
Steve

Rear load leveling is done inside the shocks themselves..

front are just for better road ride....

Might I suggest GM replacements?

I have 03 Z71 1500 and just yesturday installed the Monroe's Reflex ( 911505, 911506). I love them so far. Don't notice that its giving me a hard, bumpy, too soft ride. They seem to handle bumps very well....however, I am not a shock expert. Bought at PepBoys and took advantage of the $49/ea and buy 3 get 4th rebate offer. Good Luck on your choice.

Thanks.  I saw the add for 50% off shock installation but did not see the $49 ea.  is this when you buy 4?  Where did you get the coupon?  They quoted me $62 each.

Thanks

I've had the Reflex on the front of my Z-66 for 4 years and they are doing fine, no leaks.  The ride is very good but the rubber  bushings on the top are cracking and I will replace them this spring.  I would buy them again.

I've had the Reflex on the front of my Z-66 for 4 years and they are doing fine, no leaks.  The ride is very good but the rubber  bushings on the top are cracking and I will replace them this spring.  I would buy them again.

Thanks guys.  This community is great.  I too am looking at changing out my bushings.  Some one said something about poly of something other than rubber for the bushings I may try that.  Any comments on that one?

Thanks again.

Thanks guys.  I got the reflex at pepboys.  Big difference, however I think I still want to look at changing some bushings.  This seems expensive.  Is this something one can do in the driveway?  Do I need a press or is it just nuts and bolts?

Back