Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/29/14 03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 03 Z66 1500 Shock Replacement question  (Read 1813 times)
Over40

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 04/03/11 05:54 AM »

I need to replace my front shocks on my 03 1500.  Can someone suggest a shock and include model number?  I have the load leveling rear suspension and dont know if that affects what shocks I put on the front?  If I was to replace all 4 can someone provide me with recommendation for model numbers?  I tow about 4 times a year, travel trailer.  I was thinking about the Reflex but Pepboys thinks the front shocks matter with the mechanical load level on the rear and said the front are 500 per shock..  there is NO WAY this is right.

Thank you
Steve
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/11 06:27 AM »

Rear load leveling is done inside the shocks themselves..

front are just for better road ride....

Might I suggest GM replacements?

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Florida21

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/03/11 07:28 AM »

I have 03 Z71 1500 and just yesturday installed the Monroe's Reflex ( 911505, 911506). I love them so far. Don't notice that its giving me a hard, bumpy, too soft ride. They seem to handle bumps very well....however, I am not a shock expert. Bought at PepBoys and took advantage of the $49/ea and buy 3 get 4th rebate offer. Good Luck on your choice.

2003 1500 Z71 Green
Over40

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/03/11 01:33 PM »

Thanks.  I saw the add for 50% off shock installation but did not see the $49 ea.  is this when you buy 4?  Where did you get the coupon?  They quoted me $62 each.

Thanks
Mdz66

I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/03/11 01:57 PM »

I've had the Reflex on the front of my Z-66 for 4 years and they are doing fine, no leaks.   The ride is very good but the rubber  bushings on the top are cracking and I will replace them this spring.   I would buy them again.

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors
Over40

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/03/11 03:19 PM »

I've had the Reflex on the front of my Z-66 for 4 years and they are doing fine, no leaks.   The ride is very good but the rubber  bushings on the top are cracking and I will replace them this spring.   I would buy them again.

Thanks guys.  This community is great.  I too am looking at changing out my bushings.  Some one said something about poly of something other than rubber for the bushings I may try that.  Any comments on that one?

Thanks again.
Florida21

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/04/11 12:56 AM »

The in store price is $49.99 and Pep Boys had a rebate form at their counter. The rebate also is for  Roncho's.

2003 1500 Z71 Green
Over40

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/04/11 03:11 PM »

Thanks guys.  I got the reflex at pepboys.  Big difference, however I think I still want to look at changing some bushings.  This seems expensive.  Is this something one can do in the driveway?  Do I need a press or is it just nuts and bolts?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: