• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

For the 3 people that read the EXT section?

Steel

A couple pics of my new ride...just picked it up today.  :love:

pic001ae.jpg

pic006a.jpg

It is a nice EXT, see there's 4 of us. (y)

It looks good, clean lines to the EXT, vs. The AV. What I like on the EXTover the AV, is the fact of the 6.0L LQ9 engine vs the 5.3L in the AV. (y)#7

Hence why im running a 6.0L :cool:

Yeap, i do like the dash layout i'll have to figure away to get that dash in my 07.

she sure is perty!

Old No.7 Avalanche said:
What I like on the EXTover the AV, is the fact of the 6.0L LQ9 engine vs the 5.3L in the AV. (y)#7

Hence why im running a 6.0L :cool:

Yep, one of the main reasons I went with the EXT this time?the 6.2L is sweet!  (y)

There "are" some closet EXT fans here after all.  :wave:

All you need to do is keep posting and we will visit.  (y)

Heck 30% of my 03 AV is escalade

Z66 BUTCH said:
All you need to do is keep posting and we will visit.  (y)

Maybe I can knock some of the 2-year-old threads off the first page.  >:D

I've. Hotrodded Caddys for a long time and I traded in my 466 h.p (yes that's correct) fwd 2000 caddy eldo ECT. I swapped all four cams in the Northstar as well as higher amp alt, dynomax exhaust, cold air intake,msd coils, casper electronics throttle position enhancer. I was very happy when caddy started getting into the performance aspect after the 2004 season. (y)#7

Steel, pm me your addy. I'll give you something that will compliment the EXT. K

GMalanche said:
That's my next ride! Beautiful vehicle.

You won?t regret it?as long as you don?t try to rationally justify the $15k premium over the Av. If you like it and can afford it?buy it.  (y)

I think the ?07+ Av is a great truck and I probably would have bought another one if GM put the 6.2L in it. I tow 7000 lbs often and the 5.3L just wasn?t cutting it for me. So I started looking at the EXT and the ?styling? enhancements just hooked me once I actually took one for a drive.

Other than the aesthetic changes and the additional power of the 6.2L, the EXT doesn?t feel much different than my ?07 Av LTZ. However, the EXT interior does feel narrower than my ?07 Av for some reason?my wife thinks so too. Might be the different dash/console design?I don?t think GM narrowed the Av/EXT since ?07 have they?  ???

All-in-all, I?m very pleased with the EXT so far. The only downside is the real possibility that this may be my last one, if GM decides to kill the Av.  :mad:   

Looks good.  I totaled my Av last week and I looking at replacing it with a '08 EXT.  Just have to get use to the idea of having payments again.
How many cigarette lighter power outlets are there in the front?

LRNerd

Sweet ride!!!  If you have the ebony interior, then I have same truck....and couldn't be happier!!!  good luck with her!!

LRNerd said:
How many cigarette lighter power outlets are there in the front?

There?s one in the ashtray with a lighter in it and one inside the center console along with the USB port.

LRNerd said:
Does the USB work with a Key with MP3s on it?

Yes, I believe it does, although I haven?t actually tried it yet.
EDIT (4/10/11): Ok, I?ve confirmed it works. I just put 135 mp3?s on a USB memory stick and it plays fine. Shows you all the song titles in a playlist on the Nav screen.  (y)

I have plugged my iPod into the USB and it works perfectly?I can control everything right from the Nav touch screen.  (y)

Steel said:
Yes, I believe it does, although I haven?t actually tried it yet.
EDIT (4/10/11): Ok, I?ve confirmed it works. I just put 135 mp3?s on a USB memory stick and it plays fine. Shows you all the song titles in a playlist on the Nav screen.  (y)

I have plugged my iPod into the USB and it works perfectly?I can control everything right from the Nav touch screen.  (y)

Thanks so much.

that's a nice truck you got there!

i would have bought an EXT back in '06, but $50k for a 2007 EXT vs. $24k (with all the discounts)  for a 2006 LS made it a no-brainer

enjoy!!  (y)

That is a beautiful EXT! How's the updated nav screen? I have an 07 escalade with the factory nav and I'm thinking about upgrading to the new one with iPod/USB support.

felixgun said:
That is a beautiful EXT! How's the updated nav screen? I have an 07 escalade with the factory nav and I'm thinking about upgrading to the new one with iPod/USB support.

Having the larger screen is a nice change from my ?07 Av. Nav function is pretty much the same. The iPod/USB integration works very well; as does the Bluetooth.

Overall, the EXT has proven to be a very nice upgrade from my ?07 Av. No complaints.  (y)

Back