• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Let's Start Planning Some More GTG's for 2011

Gonzo1

I know we are still trying to get the Cabelas GTG together, but I thought we can start discussing the next meet. Maybe we can talk about some of the ideas while we are at Cabelas. Below are a few suggestions, if anyone likes any of them we can start coming up with a set date. Please also add some more ideas, hopefully we can find something we can all attend. My personal favorite idea is the Long Beach, WA on 4th of July. My family and some friends went last year and had a blast. It?s close for both Washington and Oregon members to attend. There is a nice campground, Cape Disappointment http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Cape%20Disappointment, which has two light houses that you can tour.  There is a fireworks show on both the 3rd and the 4th, also a cool parade on the 4th that anyone can enter (maybe we could enter a train of Avy?s). And the best part of all, 28 miles of beach to cruise and BBQ on. Check out this link to see all that Long Beach has to offer http://www.funbeach.com/ .  We have already reserved a room for this year; places get booked up quick so if anyone is interested I would suggest making reservations now. The funbeach link also has a great list of area lodging.

GTG Ideas:

May ? Mt Rainier Cruise/Picnic/Mods (I missed the last one, looked like lots of fun)
June ? Olympic Game Farm cruise & lunch/Sequim WA.
July ? 4th of July @ Long Beach WA? w/Oregon Members :B:
August ? Summer BBQ(volley ball) ? Lake Sammamish

Thanks,
Hope to see everyone at Cabela's

those are some great ideas.  I love it.  Rainier was a good time.  We found a nice parking lot and grilling area to pull off and eat.  It was awesome.

heine12oz said:
those are some great ideas.  I love it.  Rainier was a good time.  We found a nice parking lot and grilling area to pull off and eat.  It was awesome.

Ditto!

Except 4th of July. We do a big fireworks display in my hood, and as the current HOA president, I have to watch out for everyone's safety. I also need to light off the loudest works I can buy.  >:D  Anyone who lives close by and would like to partipate in lighting off fireworks (if it is banned in your hood), let me know so we can Bar-b-q in the park before hand.

I would set it up and start planning and see what happens.  We could do a may planning session at hooters??

Sounds like a good idea. When is a good day that we can meet? I'm always down with going to Hooters. Or we could go to Wingers, it's just down the road and it's pretty good.

Anything new coming up anytime soon??  I know weather is getting better and people are busy with yard work and all........I wouldn't mind getting a GTG under my belt......lol

Sounds good to me. How about we do a bbq/potluck type meet. We could meet at a state park, maybe plan some mods or play some volleyball. Maybe meet somwhere that is a little more north so that its equal distance for both members up north and in the south. Any suggestions on where to meet and a good weekend that you are available please post them so we can start planning.

I'm pretty much open most weekends unless golfing is a priority......which hasn't been much lately.  I'm on vacation from July 18th - 25th.  I wouldn't wind up doing an over nighter but willing to spend the day with the AVY crew.  Plus Doug would like to take a peak at my tune so hopefully he can join as well.

BCmountaineer said:
Im just quietly watching to see if anything happens... hopefully i will meet at least one other member this summer LOL.

I know the feeling BC........maybe we should hook something up for everyone.  It seems as though the GTG's have died out some for now........lol

I'm on vacation now, deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.  >:D Man I am so sun burned.

I will be back to Washington next Monday, then going camping the next Friday and Saturday at Iron Creek. Would like to see some members there, but we booked 6 months ago and not sure if there are spots available.

Tom

Just a shout out!

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,122581.0.html

Back