Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/17/14 07:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Volts? for XM radio  (Read 694 times)
c_b_mazur

Gone Digital

Awards
« on: 03/17/11 05:19 AM »

:help:Is there a 5 volt wire anywhere in the 02 AVs? I prefer it to be near the overhead console, But if I need to I am not opposed to running a wire and a inline fuse.

Lightly Modded 2002 1500 Z71, Soon to be Heavily Modded.....
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/17/11 05:57 AM »

not that I know of...

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/17/11 09:32 AM »

How do you plan on breaking down a 12v lead to 5v? Resistors?

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 168,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 151,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 139,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
c_b_mazur

Gone Digital

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/17/11 09:57 AM »

Honestly, I have no clue. The plan for right now it to mount a XM Radio into my over head console. The supplied power plug is a 5-Volt power plug that plugs in to the accessory ports. I don't want to have the plug hanging down to the dash. I have already run the antenna wire to the console, and was hoping to just chop the plug off if there was a 5-volt line somewhere to tie into. Right now i am thinking of splicing in an extension in the middle of the wire and hide a 12-volt socket under the dash so all the wires will be hidden. Hope my ranting isn't confusing....

Lightly Modded 2002 1500 Z71, Soon to be Heavily Modded.....
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/17/11 10:07 AM »

There's a DC/DC converter you can wire in.
http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/sd-15a-05.shtml

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with way too many mods to list. Current mileage 168,*** Nice weather only now.
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 151,*** Now used as my winter beater
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12 as a daily driver for Twiggy. A few mods. Current mileage is 139,***
Other Summer toy - 2011 FLTRUSE (Slate/Black) also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra (Only made one year) Lots of fun on two wheels!
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/17/11 10:28 AM »

do  it the easy way, just run a lighter plug up there and plug it in, the end of the xm plug already has the resistors or choke to cut it down to 5v from 12.  You can stash all the wires and the plug either behind the xm or under the housing!

Didit

Production of the Avalanche may be "water under the bridge" but our love for them lives on!
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/18/11 12:19 AM »

just put their adapter under dash and run their wire up to receiver..

then feed their apdapter power....
anything else is asking to ruin the XM radio

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: