• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

5 Volts? for XM radio

c_b_mazur

:help:Is there a 5 volt wire anywhere in the 02 AVs? I prefer it to be near the overhead console, But if I need to I am not opposed to running a wire and a inline fuse.

not that I know of...

Honestly, I have no clue. The plan for right now it to mount a XM Radio into my over head console. The supplied power plug is a 5-Volt power plug that plugs in to the accessory ports. I don't want to have the plug hanging down to the dash. I have already run the antenna wire to the console, and was hoping to just chop the plug off if there was a 5-volt line somewhere to tie into. Right now i am thinking of splicing in an extension in the middle of the wire and hide a 12-volt socket under the dash so all the wires will be hidden. Hope my ranting isn't confusing....

There's a DC/DC converter you can wire in.
http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/sd-15a-05.shtml

do  it the easy way, just run a lighter plug up there and plug it in, the end of the xm plug already has the resistors or choke to cut it down to 5v from 12.  You can stash all the wires and the plug either behind the xm or under the housing!

Didit

just put their adapter under dash and run their wire up to receiver..

then feed their apdapter power....
anything else is asking to ruin the XM radio

Back